I stayed at the Pelican Bay at Lucaya from for a few days in late June and early July 2013 and was very displeased overall with the entire experience. The room I had wasn't very nice (uncomfortable beds, paper-thin walls, crappy 19" CRT TV with fuzzy cable, etc.) The bathroom was not thoroughly cleaned (blood spots and stains on the walls). The staff are not very friendly either, besides a few folks who maintained the grounds there. It was very noisy from he surrounding rooms a lot of the time. I didn't get a good night's sleep the entire time I stayed there. The hotel's bar/restaurant "Sabor" is okay, butmthe staff there aren't friendly or accommodating either. They seem to do just enough to get by, but that seems to be the standard on Grand Bahama Island where rude, unfriendly, arrogant and generally un-hospitable people are the norm. I have to work on the island for now - unfortunately. One weekday night there was some event going on at Pelican Bay and there was absolutely no parking available for actual guests of the hotel. I had to park at the Lucayan Hotel and walk to my crappy room at Pelican Bay. I have stayed at other hotels on Grand Bahama Island and I will never stay at the Pelican Bay again. The crappy Wyndham at Fortuna Beach was a better experience, which is sad. It was a depressing experience for me to stay at Pelican Bay. I wish I never stayed there at all. The Lucayan Hotel is probably the best bet on Grand Bahama island but it isn't all that terrific either. I shouldn't even give the place 2 stars...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport
- Pelican Bay Lucaya
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island