“Awesome first time!!”

Pelican Bay at Lucaya
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Freeport
“Awesome first time!!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

My stay was awesome! I was greeted by Kearah Laing who attentive to my needs and concerns. She went above and beyond in customer service and customer satisfaction. My suite was amazing! Very clean and came was everything we needed. Salario Cooper was very helpful and i really enjoyed his humorous personality. Even though i was told by the cruise line that there was nothing to do on the property, there is the Sabor bar and restaurant located on the property. The staff was very friendly. The bartender Harvey made and named a drink after me "Nisha's sneak up". It was awesome! A must try!! I love this hotel and i will be back soon.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Tanishia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Chaska, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband organized our trip to Lucaya which included staying at Pelican Bay. My jaw just dropped when we pulled up out front. I couldn't believe that we were staying at this beautiful hotel. I loved all of the tropical colors along with the fantastic landscaping that included beautiful flowering plants. The staff at the front desk were great. They recommended things to do and places to see that we may have missed out on had they not told us. Our room was very clean, spacious and just simply perfect! We loved our poolside time which was right by the fantastic Sabor restaurant. Their drinks and mouth watering food was incredible right along with the staff. The lobby at Pelican Bay provided treats each day ranging from sunmade tea to wine and sandwiches. My husband was inquiring with the lobby staff about a library or book store in the area because he was in need of another book to read. This wonderful gal borrowed him the book she was reading! Now that's above and beyond :) We won't have to hunt around for another place to stay on our next trip to Lucaya because for us there's no other place to stay. Thank you Pelican Bay!!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad place. I believe they have 190 some rooms to choose from.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meg R
REDWOOOD CITY CA
Reviewed 14 October 2013

There are no words to describe our stay at Pelican Bay Resort. We were treated with the utmost respect and were cared for by all the staff. The rooms are spacious and our bed was very comfortable. The Sabor restaurant has great food and the bar lounge will take care of your thirsty appetite. The location is the perfect walking distance to Port Lucaya Market Place where you can buy souvenirs and eat at other restaurants. Unfortunately the water Taxi that takes you to Taino Beach was not operating, but the Pelican Bay Resort had a taxi available for you any time you wanted to go to the beach. The taxi driver was superb and gave you a cell phone to use to call him to pick you up at any time you wanted to, to come back on "your time". The driver was Adrian Martin and I would use him for all your transportation needs. I want to give thanks again to all the Management and Staff and especially to:
Vandyke, Harvey, Samara, Glenise, Deandrea, Princess, Security Manager Yvette and Manager Andrew who were directing these wonderful workers. We will back soon. Don't pass up this resort if your staying in Freeport Grand Bahamas your missing your dreams come true!

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd, 4th, floors excellent views. Bathroom great, spacious room. Maid kept the room very cl...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HILTON59
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

My wife loved it. Once we moved into a nicer room I liked it better.

Room 127 was perfect for us.

The place was empty. It was like we had the whole place to ourselves.

The Sabor restraunt was excellent. Staff was very friendly.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank tikijoe32
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I were in Freeport, Grand BAHAMA for two nights attending the home going service for the mother of a faithful church member. This was the first time back since our trip in 2011. This time we stayed at the Pelican Bay resort in Port Lucaya. The hotel room was above average in my opinion. I would have liked the room more if there was a microwave oven, and a flat screen tv; I just believe that these two amenities should be standard in every hotel room where the economy strives on tourism. Nevertheless I ands the wife had a wonderful stay. What makes this hotel stand out is that it is in walking distance of multiple restaurants and shops

Room Tip: My room did not offer me any sea side visual, but the hotel is set in the marina, water all around y...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Reginald C
Waynesburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and I just spent 5 days at Pelican Bay. It was our 3rd stay here and I must say this stay was just as fantastic as the previous two. We always book one of the suites on the 3rd or 4th floors. The rooms are very spacious with all the amenities one needs. The view of the harbor from the balcony is fabulous. New flat screen TVs were a nice improvement to this visit. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. The water taxi to Taino beach was not operating this month but the front desk made taxi arrangements at no extra cost. This hotel is one of our favorite vacation spots. It's proximity to all the little shops and restaurants in Lucaya will keep us coming back.

Room Tip: Get a suite over looking the harbor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terry D
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed for 6 nights. The location is excellent: close to the village center where you can eat, drink and have a walk by night. There was a free water taxi coming and going every hour to and from Taino Beach, a beutiful white sanded beach with a few people in August. The only complain about Grand Bahama is to the lack of public transport and the bad attitude of taxi drivers.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sere B
PelicanBayHotel, Operations Manager at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Sere B,

Thanks for providing a nice review of your stay and we are happy that you left happy! I am sorry that you got poor attitudes from some of our taxi drivers, it's very unfortunate that some people in our industry don't understand how to treat people. Hope this did not taint your view of our lovely island and our people.

Best!

Della Bridgewater
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Bell Channel Inn
Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach
Old Bahama Bay
Old Bahama Bay
#1 of 1 in West End

Been to Pelican Bay at Lucaya? Share your experiences!