If you like hearing the people in neighbouring rooms showering, talking, and watching television; then this hotel is for you. You will hear just about everything that is going on in the suite next to you. To make matters worse, there are two UNLOCKED doors to the adjoining suite? Why not spend $20 to put a lock on the door? There's nothing to prevent the people from the suite next to you from coming into your suite. I could see the light from underneath the door of the other suite shining into my room at night! wth? This is definitely not a 4 star resort as it is advertised. You have to pay $12 for internet service PER NIGHT & extra for each additional devices. Really? We're living in 2014 and you're charging for Internet? Oh they do have a Business Center which offers free Internet service, which is basically a broom closet with two computers and a printer that does not work. They'll charge you .75 cents for LOCAL calls too. The cleaning crew were the friendliest among the employees at the Hotel. There were some awful employees at the hotel though. When i went to the bar to get my complimentary free drink i was insulted by the bartender for not getting any alcohol in it. The Air Conditioning Unit varies between the rooms but both models are super loud. The only good thing about the hotel was the Location, as it was close to the Marketplace and the friendly Cleaning Staff who would greet you, once they saw you. My shower curtain had multiple mold stains on it too. Another positive experience was the complimentary boat ride to Taino Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport
- Pelican Bay Lucaya
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island