Stay here – and do NOT stay at the Grand Lucayan!
Location: perfect; 5 min walk to the Marketplace (restaurants/ small shops); literally next to the Water Txi that takes you to Taino Beach (although there’s a beach within walking distance too).
Service: Home from home. If you want to feel welcome and relaxed on your holiday, stay here.
Rooms: Large, airy but not modern. Everything is clean and works, but it’s not state-of-the-art.
Food: Food at Sabor restaurant is amongst the best on the island. Great variety; super for vegetarians.
Tips: Stay here at half the price of the Grand Lucayan, and twice the warmth. The latter is full of rude, snotty, cold staff, with an attitude problem. Amenities are awesome, but not worth being sneered at by the staff – want to feel welcome on vacation. In the end, we used the Grand Lucayan to access the beach only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport
- Pelican Bay Lucaya
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island