Pelican Bay is in a perfect location, within walking distance of almost everything, including shopping, entertainment, dining. The grounds are beautiful and the resort is built so that each room has a water view and a private balcony or patio. Rooms are spacious and clean; kitchen area provides refrigerator and coffee maker (coffee, creamer, sweetener provided).
There are three reasons I can't rate the resort higher. First of all, the lighting in the room was very dim, making it difficult to read. Second, the air conditioner was very noisy; although it did keep the room temperature comfortable. Finally, although the resort has WiFi available, there is a daily charge for it. I travel worldwide and can't remember the last place I stayed (in the US or abroad) that didn't provide free WiFi. Although dim lighting, a noisy air conditioner, and lack of complimentary WiFi aren't major issues, it's the difference between very good accommodations and superior ones. For me, those little things are enough to motivate me to pay a little more for other accommodations that provide those little extras.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport
- Pelican Bay Lucaya
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island