Pelican Bay at Lucaya
Hotels.com
US$143
US$225
  • Breakfast included
Bell Channel Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$112
HotelQuickly
US$359
TripAdvisor
1,030 results
All reviewssabor restauranttaino beachfree ferrywater taxiseparate bedroomacross the streetnespresso machineevery morningupgraded to a suitequiet poolregular roomoverlooking the marinagrand bahamavacation expressswim up barflying fishyogurt
Reviewed 10 October 2008

Great place, awesome location (don’t let it not being on the beach fool you) You are so close to the market and restaurants, the hotel is just in a very convenient location I thought. Also where you catch the Taino beach ferry is right beside the resort as well.

Few things I wish they had were dvd players in the rooms, better continental breakfast and free wi-fi.(they have 2 computers in a business center you can use but they were real slow and I just wish I could log onto my laptop in my room, but I refuse to pay $13/day.

Our king bed was VERY comfortable!! Very nice in which this is one thing I always like giving reviews on because if the beds are not comfortable, I want stay there again, Period.

The place was great and we would definitely book it again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank mattlenderman
Reviewed 4 October 2008

Stayed here for four nights at the end of September, which is a very slow time of year in Grand Bahama. On the one hand, fewer "bad" tourists around, mostly people stopping in the area off boats and a few odd characters straight out of central casting. The biggest negative though is that a lot of restaurants, bars and stores were closed. About half the restaurants and bars on the square were not open, including Rum Runners. No live music as they were apparently doing some work on the pavement on the square. The hotels, (Pelican Bay, Westin/Sheraton) appeared to be about 25% occupied, if that.

As for Pelican Bay specifically, I was upgraded to a suite after being told my original room type was sold out. Um no, I got a suite because the resort was empty! Suite was great--huge! Loved the bread basket in the door in the morning. Never made it to the continental breakfast. Everything else at the resort was closed. The front desk woman who checked me in said that the restaurant was closed until further notice. The swim-up bar at Neptunes was closed too. This kind of impacted my opinion of the resort. I almost never saw another hotel guest, much less any staff because I had to leave the property to do anything. Never got housekeeping service the day before check-out even though I was gone most of the day.

Overall, I think this place is really nice, but I did not have much to go on.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChicagoAlli
Reviewed 21 August 2008

This was like my 7th time, I think. I've lost count. Always a great stay with them. upon arrival my room was not ready, instead of
waiting for a room to become available, I was upgraded to a suite. I love their suites,they are very roomy, It's like having my own little apartment.
Once I got to my suite, I did not feel comfortable being on the first level, being that I was traveling alone ,I made a call to the
front desk, no problem, I was moved to a second level
suite. Even though the weather was crappy the days that I was
there, a lot of rain and winds due to the storm Fay. I still enjoyed
my stay there. I travel a lot to Freeport, Bahamas.and Pelican Bay
is my only choice!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank bahamaladie
Reviewed 8 August 2008

I just got back from a 3 night stay at Pelican Bay with my kids, all over 18. I have stayed at the Westin across the street and while it is an excellent hotel it is a bit too large for my taste. I have stayed at Pelican Bay at least 6 times in the last few years and have never been disappointed. From the friendliness of the staff to the suites and the little "extras" it was as good as ever,. All the restaurants, bars and the casino are within walking distance.

If you are looking for a great place to stay, quiet yet comfortable and a good value for the dollar, you can't go wrong here....

Stop at Rumrunners in the Marketplace while you are there and say hi to Gary and all the fine gentlemen that work there...you guys are the best!

3  Thank MikeKFlorida
Reviewed 29 July 2008

Pelican Bay was wonderful!! Our faves: great continental breakfast, wonderful view, delicious outdoor restaurant (with THE best Pina Colada!), and 3 awesome pools. My recommendation: if you can afford the upgrade, choose the Grand Suite - it's lovely! The only drawback was there is a basket of snacks we mistakenly thought the lady at the front desk said were included (we thought due to the better room) - we just had 2 bags of chips and a chocolate bar = $10! oops! Also we were able to take the Ferry for free to Taino Beach (only about a 5min ride) a quieter, beautiful beach. It was great! Best bets: live music Friday and Saturday nights at the square, snorkeling at Deadman's Reef (lunch included and cheap drinks) and the delicious Goombay Smash drink!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple