“Great hotel, friendly service”

Pelican Bay at Lucaya
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Freeport
Waco, Texas
“Great hotel, friendly service”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I've stayed here twice in 2 years. It's a great hotel. The service people are super friendly. They hop to the task if you tell them anything isn't up to par and they are authentic. My first visit 2 years ago I stayed in a perfectly acceptable 2 double bed-room with no sitting area although it had a lovely balcony. In July/August this year we stayed in a king suite also with a balcony. It was spacious, comfortable and clean, although the beds are a little hard for my taste. We added breakfast to our room price and it was good solid food with decent choices (even for 2 weeks). The restaurant associated with the hotel is good too. And it's the closest hotel to the best restaurant in town....see my review for "The Flying Fish."

Room Tip: Loved the view provided on all the king suites.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nannerdoodle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was concerned about what I would encounter during my visit based on the last reviews posted to this site; however, I can say I was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations and pleasant staff.

We were upgraded to a suite and the room was beautiful. It has a nice, authentic layout and beautiful views. The staff was great and housekeeping cleaned to room nicely everyday. Even the restaurant, Sabor, was great.

I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to others. Other hotels in the area may offer more amenities on their premises but the Port Lucaya Marketplace is steps away from the hotel with a variety of restaurants and entertainment. You also have the option of their swimming pools or you can walk across the street to the public beach or catch the ferry to Taino beach. I would recommend Taino beach because it was less crowded and more relaxing - use the public beach for water sports.

Thanks Pelican for the wonderful time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I had a great time. The hotel staff was very accommodating and informative. Our house cleaning person Ms Denise was with us during the entire stay nd she was very diligent in keeping the room in tip top shape. The staff at the front desk was equally pleasant and helpful in all matters. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My family and I stayed at Pelican Bay from Aug 5-13. We were in the Bahamas for my brother's wedding so there were quite a few of us. I must say the staff here were very friendly and hospitable. At the end of our stay none of us wanted to leave. One staff member in particular, Keith Smith, was very pleasant and helpful. He was very knowledgable about the island and suggested special sights and events for my family and friends to partake in that would make our stay even the more joyous. On my next vacation in the Bahamas I will definitely be returning to Pelican Bay. Thanks Keith for everything!! My family definitely appreciates it.

1 Thank Miyla
PelicanBayHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this review, 13 November 2014
Dear Miyla,

We appreciate your kind words and at the same time we are filled with joy. It is our duty to ensure that each guest feels welcomed and comfortable while they are away from home.

We try to add that extra dose of happiness and friendliness, which allows our guest to understand how much they are valued.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Everyone here at hotel is amazingly kind, the rooms are clean and spacious. Sabor has great good and cocktails, of course, whether you are with family or friends a must stay while in Freeport. The pool is nice and everything is within walking distance

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LL1217
Dear mshellb,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. Your feedback helps us to work on improving our services, so that customers have a wonderful experience throughtout their stay.

We do hope that you will return in the future.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel has many positive attributes. I have stayed here on several occasions and each time I am pleased. The hotel rooms are very comfortable and clean. I especially enjoy the spacious suites. The staff members are friendly, very professional and accommodating. During my last visit my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed the pool with the swim up bar outside of our room. It was also nice to be able to walk to the local shopping area nearby. i would definitely stay again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for returning to Pelican Bay Hotel. The fact that you have stayed with us on numerous occasions is a clear indication that we are doing something correctly. We are not happy unless our guest are satisfied.
Bahamas
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I pulled up to this beautiful hotel expecting nothing but to check into my room and relax but I was greeted by the front desk staff welcoming me and wishing me a happy day. That alone set the tone for me to explore the room and grounds to see what was so happy about this place. When I got into my room I was really impressed with the design and lay out of the room. It was also fresh clean and very comfortable. Walking outside my door was one of 3 pools as well as the view of the canal which was nice. I spent 4 beautiful days relaxing and enjoying the Pool. The hotel was really close to all the happenings in port lucaya which made it easy for an evening of fine dining and dancing. This is my home away from home.

• Stayed August 2014
PelicanBayHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this review, 12 November 2014
Dear BJFBahamas,

At Pelican Bay Hotel, happiness is guaranteed! Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Bell Channel Inn
Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach
Old Bahama Bay
Old Bahama Bay
#1 of 1 in West End

Been to Pelican Bay at Lucaya? Share your experiences!