Coral Beach Hotel and Condos
Travelocity
US$193
US$121
  • Pool
Bell Channel Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$112
  • Breakfast included
US$359
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsminute walkport lucayagrocery storelarge walk in closetgrand bahamalaundry facilitiesall inclusive placesfreeport areanice poolunitvacationbahamasislandaccommodationspanshangerstoaster
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have stayed here on numerous occasions over the past 30 years and have always had a very restful and energizing vacation. The hotel is near the end of a long and beautiful beach. At the far end is the Lucayan Port area and the busy Port Lucayan Marketplace. You have the double benefit of a quiet stretch of beach with the close proximity of bars, restaurants, shops and a convenient grocery store. Most of the apartments are one bedroom and privately owned condos. Most show a pride of ownership (such as the one I stayed in) and are well-equipped and neatly maintained. All have private balconies and there is a community laundry room on each floor. There is a nice pool area with a very good restaurant/bar. Altogether, this is the best bargain in Freeport if you choose one of the many excellent owners.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank rickg62
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We rented unit #1503 and had a great week visiting local friends. Don phoned the first morning to see if everything was ok, which was appreciated. We had everything we needed, and everyone was wonderful. The grounds are beautifully kept and the building is cared for and clean. If you're expecting brand new, it's not, but it is just lovely.

We got groceries at Solomon's for some meals, but also took advantage of the restaurant by the pool for lunches and went to Port Lucaya and the fish fry for others. The beach is spectacular and you can walk into Port Lucaya by going along the beach during the day.

The rental process was smooth and Liz and Don are very responsive. They provided lots of good info on the island and activities.

This is my second stay at Coral Beach and I'm looking forward to my next.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Veronica M
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We just returned from a relaxing week at Coral Beach Condo 1503. The condo was clean and comfortable for 2 adults. We ate all breakfasts and most lunches at the condo, making use of its full kitchen. The owners called the first day to be sure that all was well, which we especially appreciated because they were able to help us with the wireless connection. We only ran the air conditioner at night because of the nice breezes during the day. The pool was also well kept with a nice patio and bar area with good food, though be aware that it only takes cash payments. We love to snorkel, and were pleased that there was a nice reef within a short walk on the beach to the right. We did not rent a car, so either walked to the Port Lucaya Marketplace (about 20 minute walk - not bad if a breeze is blowing to keep bugs away) or took a taxi (about $8 with tip). There was a public bus stop at the corner near the condos, but we never saw a bus, probably because it was the low season (there is not a regular schedule for the buses). The staff were great - friendly and helpful, as was everyone we interacted with on the island. We would recommend this condo for a couple looking for peace and quiet!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank ProcFreq
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Spent 12 peaceful days at Coral Beach; very laid back, friendly atmosphere which I enjoyed. Food at the restaurant was very good and was nice to have on-site. I stayed in Liz & Don's Unit 1503 and the whole rental process was seamless. Everything and more in the room that you need. For me the location of the room/balcony was perfect, set back a bit so no-one was directly across from me with a view of the ocean and all the palms below. Loved hearing the waves at all times with the patio doors open; didn't need a/c with the fan. Enjoyed sunrise every morning on the roof top patio, couldn't believe I was the only one up there. Enjoyable beach walks in either direction and access to the market via the beach access path was easy. If I returned to this area I would definitely stay at Coral Beach and in this unit, as it was perfect for me.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
14  Thank traveldogxx
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Grand Bahamas Freeport.

The quiet, white sanded beaches are second to none.

The area all around feels safe.

The buses run very frequently and the Bus Driver will stop anywhere you may be on the highway just by putting out your hand.

On the other hand if your rent a car.

*** Caution should be observed.

Vehicles are driven on the left hand side of the road and the locals do not take notice of Give Way signs or Stop signs!

I would recommend that it maybe a little far away but a visit to the "Garden of the Groves" is well worth a visit. Spend a day there. No need to leave as there are "food places" which will satisfy your thirst or appetite.

The Coral Beach Condos when we were there had a "trust you will leave the unit as you find it" There is no inspection.
Having made that statement the unit we had was immaculate.

The Coral Beach Bar which overlooks the magnificent white sanded beach is the place for excellent food at reasonable prices.

It is a fun place both daytime and evening.

The Proprietor will keep you laughing at his endless jokes.

From time to time there are excellent Entertainment Specials which are well advertised at the Coral Beach Bar.

I have tried to focus my views as individual ones not covered by other Trip Advisors.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple