The Ocean Reef is a nice, family friendly resort. It isn't luxurious but then it isn't expensive either. The staff was very, very friendly and we came to know them all by the time we left. It is rare, but by the time we left we were hugging our taxi driver Mr. Forbes and his son who coordinated our plans with us and were extremely friendly, reliable and genuinely kind people. I HIGHLY recommend them as renting a car is craziness in the Bahamas unless you already know how to drive on the left. It is always stressful to find places just under normal driving conditions; trying to learn how to do it too is NOT a good idea. Worth every penny to just arrange taxi cabs.
Our unit was #307 and had two nice bedrooms and a pull out bed, 2 bathrooms and a nice kitchen and deck. It was nice and we enjoyed it. Don't expect luxury though, but it is a typical Caribbean type of resort. The pool area was fun and it had a swim up bar that made it relaxing - and it all overlooks the yachts and the marina, very pretty area.
The restaurant was average, try the Dive Inn at UNEXSO, very good there. Our room was clean and we had plenty of towels and also pool towels were provided. The bedding was very, very comfortable and made sleeping a dream. Make sure to not miss the grocery shuttle on Monday morning - it will save you a lot of money in cab fare. We were planning to BBQ a lot and make our dinners, however, the meat at the stores there made me want to be a vegetarian, so we ended up not buying any of it and we went out to eat instead, plan on meatless meals unless you have a strong stomach for low quality meat. The restaurants all served up good quality meat however.
The staff was the best part of our stay and we enjoyed the resort and pool area a lot. Hattie, Esther, Preston, Ray and most importantly, Mr. Forbes were the best.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club And Resort
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club Hotel Freeport
- Ocean Reef Yacht Hotel
- Ocean Reef Yacht Resort
- Bahamas Ocean Reef Yacht Club
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island