The staff at the property were friendly and entertaining. Kareoke night is a must do. I was there with my wife and two college aged kids during the Christmas week. We had a renovated 2 bedroom unit on the third floor. The view of the marina was very nice. If you are looking for a 5-star resort this is not it - but you won't find many on Grand Bahama Island anyway. Overall not a bad place to stay. The pros: nice sized space, huge beds (probably too big for the room), good security, Kareoke night, friendly staff, central location. The cons: fitness room is outdated - equipment too old to use, tennis court has a painted concrete surface with fences that are too close to the baseline, forget the basketball court - it is a rusted backboard at the corner of the tennis court, wireless is slow but it does work.
Have fun with their timeshare approach. We did it just to help Hadi gain compensation for a referral. We got $50 and the presentation was not high pressure - once you say "no" they stop.
Few other tips: 1) rent a car at the airport because you will want to visit differnt beaches. Avis had good rates. 2) Lot of good resturants at Luyca market place. 3) Go to Solomon's grocery to buy breakfast and lunch stuff. 4) The Bahama Mama dinner cruise was fun but you can't see anything at night. Met a lot of good people there. 5) For college kids, have them try the Neptune Club at Luyca market place. 6) If you want a place to workout go to the Y on Settlers road. 7) I would skip the fish fry event - go to a resturant instead.
Remember - it is the Bahamas - don't worry, by happy :).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club And Resort
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club Hotel Freeport
- Ocean Reef Yacht Hotel
- Ocean Reef Yacht Resort
- Bahamas Ocean Reef Yacht Club
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island