Just spent a week at this resort and was very disappointing. I was there a year ago and the resort had specific deficiencies and I told them about them a year ago. The resort has not addressed any of my concerns from last year. For example, they boast about wi-fi. Yet when I arrived I had no signal in my suite. When I complained to the front desk they said they would reset the modem. This didn't work. I complained the next day, then I was told that a cable was cut the previous week by a lawn mower. Well then why isn't it fixed yet. I complained the following day and was told the cut line still had not been fixed. So every day I had to come to the office in order to get on the internet. Finally, late on Friday the line was fixed and 12 hours before I was leaving I finally had wi-fi in my suite.
The TVs in the units are so small that you can barely see the picture in the living room when sitting on the couch. I had to pull the TV stand five feet closer to the couch, and it still wasn't enjoyable.
The units are very old and have not been maintained. The kitchen counter was buckling in one spot, and in another it had a two inch piece missing. The resorts I'm used to going have dishwashers in the kitchen, but Ocean Reef does not.
I will never return to this resort and suggest everyone else stay away.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club Hotel Freeport
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club And Resort
- Ocean Reef Yacht Hotel
- Ocean Reef Yacht Resort
- Bahamas Ocean Reef Yacht Club
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island