“Return to my favorite Golf course”

Fortune Hills Golf & Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: 9-Hole Public Golf Course.
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I lived at Grand Bahama 1978 to 1983 and was a member of Fortune Hills Country Club, we returned to the island on vacation in April this year.
While there I had the opportunity to once more play golf at Fortune Hills,
Imagine my surprise when the Bahamian Lady who takes the green fee's recognized me as a past member, what a welcome, but that is what Bahamians are like, outgoing and friendly.
Playing the first hole reminded me just how long this course plays, and how well it's designed.
After my final put I was once again in love, " what a fabulous golf course".
Brian Warlow

1  Thank BrianLucaya

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Three of us decided to go here due to the fact it was cheaper then the others, and I had never gone golfing before. The lady in the gift shop was very nice and friendly. It was 35 to golf (including the mandatory cart) and we bought golf balls. The course was good enought for us and very relaxing. It wasn't crowded at all and if someone came up behind us, we let them pass as I didn't want to rush. My sister used some clubs they had there (as we did not plan on golfing) and one of the irons fell apart as we were golfing. We had a wonderful time though. We lost lots of balls in the rough and it was hard to find them in there. They also had one hole with water, and of course we lost a few balls in there also. We did go twice in one week and had fun both times. Very friendly staff. Will probably return next year.

1  Thank crazyigues
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The course was fair to say the least, however, the layout was very good and the staff was outstanding. the price was more than resonable, it is only 9 holes so play two different tees. I would play here again despite the location.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

The gentlemen who worked there was great but the club house, the club rentals, carts and the course needs to be upgraded. We would not return.

1  Thank SBFinWindsor
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My wife and I play here every time we come. It's not the greatest course in the world however, the owner is extremely friendly and she is willing to give you a great deal. It's a nine hole course and if you play from the back tees, it's 7,000 yards which is too long for me. I play from the senior tees and it's still pretty long.