“One of the best dining experiences in GBI!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Breeze - CLOSED

Cafe Breeze
Cuisines: American, Bahamian, Austrian, Caribbean, European
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casual comfortable atmosphere with indoor and outdoor dining. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.Lunch and dinner menu options available all day. Friendly bar located inside.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best dining experiences in GBI!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family of four had dinner at Cafe Breeze tonight while visiting Freeport, Grand Bahamas for summer vacation. Excellent dining experience! We ordered lobster salads, conch chowder and Four star seafood pasta. All dishes were fresh, delicious and beautifully presented on plates! Grand Bahamas Smile drink that we also ordered was so tasty and enjoyable. The ambience inside this cozy restaurant is lovely. There is outside seating in the front patio but after recent rain we chose to dine inside. The waiters Dorothy is welcoming, very pleasant lady. At the end of our wonderful meal the owner of the place Charlie came to our table to thank us for visiting his restaurant. Great food, great service! We are planning to come back for breakfast.

• Visited July 2014

Concord, California
“Great European Style food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I think this place is new and not established yet. The service was really good, which is somewhat uncommon in Freeport since the tip is already built in to the bill. The menu is very unusual, but was delicious! We had weinerschnitzel, cordon bleu and Hungarian Goulash. Not what I expected to find in the Bahamas, but so yummy! This place tied for first place with Cappicinos.

Visited June 2014
Oak Island, North Carolina
“Great Food At Really Great Prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at the Grand Lucayan and walked over and ate here 4 times, 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners. The food was delicious and the prices were very reasonable for the Bahamas. The Cafe is located by the sidewalk on the main road into the resort, a perfect place to sit and people watch while you enjoy your meal. A very pleasant waitress, Denise, waited on us and was full of information about the area, as well as made us feel right at home. The food came out pretty fast as well. For breakfast, I had the 2 egg omelet with everything and it was huge as well as delicious. I believe it was $8.95, but they also have a 2 egg breakfast for around $6.00 if an omelet is too much. At dinner, I had the seafood platter both nights, which was $23.95, which consisted of Mahi mahi, muscle, a very flavorful lobster tail, and the best grilled grouper I have ever had. The owner, gosh, I'm sorry I never got his name, came out to talk with us each time we were there and was really friendly and nice. He said he was a retired chef that just opened up the Cafe so he would have something to do in his retirement. I'm sure glad he did because he is an excellent chef! One note, the Cafe does not open for breakfast until 9 AM so don't come over too early. When we come back to Freeport, we'll be sure to stop back in again. For great food at a great price, try Cafe Breeze, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dan_N_NC
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Standard menu, food was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The food was good and reasonable priced. The atmosphere was good. We sat outside which only has a few tables and was enjoyable.

Visited June 2014
Fork Shoals, South Carolina, United States
“6/14 cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I took my father (70) and my son (15) on a cruise for their first time. My father found this quaint restaurant and decided to sit and people watch while we shopped. Needless to say he spent 7 hours sitting at a small table right on the patio. The owner and may locals came over and sat down to meet us. I had a french fruit crepe and my son had a burger. Then we tried the rum cake and conch fritters, Service was outstanding, food amazing and view perfect! we will go back just to see everyone again!!!!

• Visited June 2014