“Great private group room”

Upstairs On the Bay
Ranked #23 of 121 Restaurants in Freeport
Price range: US$6 - US$36
Cuisines: Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bell Channel Inn & Upstairs Restaurant & Bar is located on the third floor of Bell Channel Inn hotel. The restaurant has an amazing view over the channel and when you stay at the Bell Channel Inn or dine Upstairs, the entire staff will treat you like family and give you the personal attention that you deserve. Our staff takes great pride in providing customers with excellent service in a clean and relaxing atmosphere, while offering delicious food at affordable prices. Upstairs is appropriate for any occasion; family dinners, candle lit dinner for two, birthdays, business lunches and we have a private room available for small functions.Upstairs is a full service restaurant and is open 7 days a week from 7:30 am-11 pm, with Happy Hour daily from 5-7pm, serving discounted drinks and a free appetizer in our “No Stress Zone”. Upstairs offers LIVE entertainment every Friday night with Keyboardist Patrick Boston, from 8pm - until...Enjoy Free wireless internet & convenient parking.Upstairs serves Bahamian, American & Italian dishes, we are particularly known for our delicious seafood. Our menu includes, but is not limited to: pancakes, eggs, boiled fish, conch dishes, sandwiches, Angus burgers, salads, chicken & fries, grilled salmon, pork chops, steak & Lobster.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We've brought several groups of up to 15 people to the Upstairs Restaurant. They handle us nicely, and the staff is amazing. The food is good and the atmosphere is very local and casual.
The menu offers a nice variety of local cuisine.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I am a Grand Bahamian and I have eaten at all of these restaurants on this list, many many times. The Upstairs Restaurant has been open for about 4-6 months now and I finally gave it a try this weekend. I was very impressed. The staff was great, especially our server Sharmain (I think that's how you spell it, I know it's spelt with a S!). We just had appetizers and drinks, but the service was great and the food was very, very good! I will definitely be checking out them out again, soon!

I recommend anyone to this restaurants, especially Bahamians like myself who find it hard to try new things!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We went for dinner at 7 started with appetizer which were conch fritter, followed by virgin daiquiri and they were excellent. The meals were good and a good serving size for your money. The bread was individual coconut Johnny cakes..... They were good. We were so full didn't need to have desert. The atmosphere was quite and clean and scenery was really nice.

BellChannelInn, Guest Relations Manager at Upstairs On the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Cottrice,
We are so happy you allowed us to be a part of your special day. It is so nice to have feed back to show our staff. We love knowing that others enjoy their food and service as much as we do.

We hope to see you again soon.
Seleana

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We enjoyed our meal here.

I had the smothered snapper, which was good. My husband got the steak and lobster. He said the steak was the best he had on the island. Prices were very fair.

Our server was very good and very friendly. We would return.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere in this small, friendly place was pleasant and welcoming from the moment we opened the door. Service was attentive and knowledgable. The conch fritters and conch bites were delicious and each of our three entrees (salmon, snapper, and lobster tail) were great. And we had a great view over the water. Our server told me that 95% of their patrons are locals, and now I know why!