“HORRIBLE service”

Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Freeport
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The view from the hotel was amazing and just a short walk to the beach. You get to share all of the ammenties with the Taino resort so the pool is extremely nice. Flamingo Bay itself needs remodeled the rooms are falling apart. While the pool and beach were nice the customer service was TERRIBLE! It is as if they just make up rules as they go everyday there is a new policy or something costs more everytime you ask. Not to mention when we got there they forgot to give our group our meal tickets then accused us of being dishonest for two hours and telling us we wouldnt be able to eat for the next week because we had the tickets.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank tnbump
tainobeach, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Sorry to hear that you had such a strange experience! We had some large Spring Break groups check in, and perhaps you were in one of those. There were some challenges upon a large group arrival, and it sounds as if this is what you dealt with!

We are pleased to say that usually – it’s not like what you experienced! We hope to see you next time you decide to come to Grand Bahama, and show you a fantastic time at our Hotel!

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Okay so my boyfriend wanted to take me to the Bahamas for my spring break so we found a good deal and we picked this place because of the pool. I'm 23 and my bf is 35 were from south florida and are pretty easy going. Having said that the pool and beach are amazing ! Everything by the time shares is great! But the flamingo bay side... Not so much. It's older and the room aren't very nice . But whatever we were just looking for a quick cheap get away. The service however is very very slow ! Our tv didn't have a remote so I called the front desk and asked for one and like 30 min went by so I went downstairs to just go get it, she said I had to wait for the guy to come to my room . After a while we finally got a remote. Then we came back to te hotel after a day swimming w the dolphins and I got in the room and took a shower then realizing ... The cleaning lady never left us any towels !!! So I had my bf call the front desk while I'm standing in the bathroom w no towel soaking wet waiting .... Waiting ... Waiting. So I finally get so annoyed I put some clothes on an go down stairs and ask te front desk for some towels while there are people that work at Taino beach all in the lobby just standing around. It was so frustrating. And the lady behind the front desk is selling people fairy tickets and checking people in while I am waiting soaking wet . I ended up drying off a not even needing a towel . That being said I will never return to stay at this hotel. The time shares side was amazing but I think the owners of flamingo bay need to spend some money to upgrade the hotel. Ill post some pictures so you can get an idea .

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Eevans21

We agree that the pool is amazing! Sorry that you had such a negative experience! We have hosted so very many people, and while we have some gaps in service, we are tightening the details to eliminate things as you described.

Its our intention to host your visits in a fantastic manner, that will make you wish to come back. If you ever do come back to Grand Bahama – and we hope you do – please give us a try and we will make every effort to ensure it’s a wonderful future stay!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Rooms are DIRTY! Dirt and make up hand prints/ finger prints all over inside of bathroom door. Dirt and dust bunnies in all corners. Tub peeling. An old chicken bone in the silverware drawer. Old left over shampoo in shower. Balcony doors are just for looks, they do not open. Phones ring ALL day and ALL night long in the rooms. Constantly waking you up, no one is ever on the other line. Gift shop down stairs is hit and miss. A person is never back when the sign says they will be back. Very inconvenient considering its the only place to get a soda or a snack. They only give you one key to the door. Ice machine didn't work. Walls are PAPER THIN! You can hear an I phone being plugged in and if your neighbors get up to shower or talk, you are getting up too because its so loud! Staff was friendly which is all they had going for them as well as a convenient location and very nice pool.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Sweet_tart59
Reviewed 2 February 2013

you can tell that 90 percent of americans have never been outside of. the USA, because they. do not. have any idea how great it is there in the Bahamas.why not learn the WORLD america. i am a amercan that lives in germany.i have travelled the world,from mexico to vietnam ,hawaii to italy,tunisia to kenya .so believe me no land and its people are warmer than the folk of the Bahamas. so what a hotel has or not is not what life is about.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2013

My Husband and I traveled to the Bahamas betwween Christmas and New Years this year. We stayed for 3 nights at a time share gifted to us by my parents and 2 nights at the Flamingo Bay Hotel....I must say that we preferred the stay at the Flamingo Bay. It was a short walk to the pool and beach and a short ferry ride to the Luycaya Marketplace. It was an inexpensive yet clean and neat place to stay and we enjoyed ourselves very much.

Room Tip: our room was on the Marina side of the building and it was great!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2013

very old hotel. shows its age with rusty ac units, peeling wood in rooms
our room had 2 electrical problems due to worn wiring and the shower needed repair
room was kept clean
other than one person at the front desk, the staff was helpful and friendly
the pool and beach facilities at Taino were nice
Overall, you should spend a few extra bucks and stay at Taino Beach across the stfreet

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cincyedc
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We, me and my wife, went to Bahamas with discovery cruise two day-one night stay. It's really extraordiinary experiance. This hotel has two parts. One of is flamingo bay the other one is Taino Beach. They use same swimming pool, beach and other facilities. Only difference is the room that you stay. Room is average. İt has AC, TV and good shower and also clean. But sure that you don't need TV. There is a boat for determined times from hotel to centre. I think speciality of Bahamas is absolutely SEA. Beach and sea is wonderful. You don't want you anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple