Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina
Bell Channel Inn(Freeport)
  • Breakfast included
Royal Islander(Freeport)
View Hotel
All reviewsbig mamaswim up barkey depositawesome poolrestaurant food was goodport lucaya market placetiano beachcleaned every dayglass bottom boatspent nightsbring your ownexplore the islandpool and hot tubrooms are nicecoffee potgrocery storelucayan national park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2013

My son stayed in this hotel at the end of a week long diving trip. He is a college student and informed me of the quality of his room. The room was dirty, there was no light in the bathroom and no bedside light. I pre booked and paid for the hotel for him. I thought it was a little strange to pre pay for a room. Had we not have pre paid, he would have requested a huge discount at check out or would have moved to a different hotel. The telephone in the room would ring but the person on the other end could not hear you when you answered. He informed the front desk but they did nothing about it! Don't stay at this hotel, it's a dump!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
tainobeach, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

We thank you for your posting, as we are pleased to report refurbishments on the Hotel are nearly completed. While some units are not completed as yet, we are working diligently to finish those. Your son’s issues not being urgently handled is a concern, and we are adding a strong refocus on service response-time at the Hotel. We promise he’ll have a great stay with us on his next Grand Bahama Dive Trip!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

The view from the hotel was amazing and just a short walk to the beach. You get to share all of the ammenties with the Taino resort so the pool is extremely nice. Flamingo Bay itself needs remodeled the rooms are falling apart. While the pool and beach were nice the customer service was TERRIBLE! It is as if they just make up rules as they go everyday there is a new policy or something costs more everytime you ask. Not to mention when we got there they forgot to give our group our meal tickets then accused us of being dishonest for two hours and telling us we wouldnt be able to eat for the next week because we had the tickets.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank tnbump
tainobeach, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Sorry to hear that you had such a strange experience! We had some large Spring Break groups check in, and perhaps you were in one of those. There were some challenges upon a large group arrival, and it sounds as if this is what you dealt with!

We are pleased to say that usually – it’s not like what you experienced! We hope to see you next time you decide to come to Grand Bahama, and show you a fantastic time at our Hotel!

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Okay so my boyfriend wanted to take me to the Bahamas for my spring break so we found a good deal and we picked this place because of the pool. I'm 23 and my bf is 35 were from south florida and are pretty easy going. Having said that the pool and beach are amazing ! Everything by the time shares is great! But the flamingo bay side... Not so much. It's older and the room aren't very nice . But whatever we were just looking for a quick cheap get away. The service however is very very slow ! Our tv didn't have a remote so I called the front desk and asked for one and like 30 min went by so I went downstairs to just go get it, she said I had to wait for the guy to come to my room . After a while we finally got a remote. Then we came back to te hotel after a day swimming w the dolphins and I got in the room and took a shower then realizing ... The cleaning lady never left us any towels !!! So I had my bf call the front desk while I'm standing in the bathroom w no towel soaking wet waiting .... Waiting ... Waiting. So I finally get so annoyed I put some clothes on an go down stairs and ask te front desk for some towels while there are people that work at Taino beach all in the lobby just standing around. It was so frustrating. And the lady behind the front desk is selling people fairy tickets and checking people in while I am waiting soaking wet . I ended up drying off a not even needing a towel . That being said I will never return to stay at this hotel. The time shares side was amazing but I think the owners of flamingo bay need to spend some money to upgrade the hotel. Ill post some pictures so you can get an idea .

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Eevans21

We agree that the pool is amazing! Sorry that you had such a negative experience! We have hosted so very many people, and while we have some gaps in service, we are tightening the details to eliminate things as you described.

Its our intention to host your visits in a fantastic manner, that will make you wish to come back. If you ever do come back to Grand Bahama – and we hope you do – please give us a try and we will make every effort to ensure it’s a wonderful future stay!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Rooms are DIRTY! Dirt and make up hand prints/ finger prints all over inside of bathroom door. Dirt and dust bunnies in all corners. Tub peeling. An old chicken bone in the silverware drawer. Old left over shampoo in shower. Balcony doors are just for looks, they do not open. Phones ring ALL day and ALL night long in the rooms. Constantly waking you up, no one is ever on the other line. Gift shop down stairs is hit and miss. A person is never back when the sign says they will be back. Very inconvenient considering its the only place to get a soda or a snack. They only give you one key to the door. Ice machine didn't work. Walls are PAPER THIN! You can hear an I phone being plugged in and if your neighbors get up to shower or talk, you are getting up too because its so loud! Staff was friendly which is all they had going for them as well as a convenient location and very nice pool.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Sweet_tart59
Reviewed 2 February 2013

you can tell that 90 percent of americans have never been outside of. the USA, because they. do not. have any idea how great it is there in the Bahamas.why not learn the WORLD america. i am a amercan that lives in germany.i have travelled the world,from mexico to vietnam ,hawaii to italy,tunisia to kenya .so believe me no land and its people are warmer than the folk of the Bahamas. so what a hotel has or not is not what life is about.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo