We were at Island Seas from July 28 through August 11. I read all the reviews before we went and I have to wonder about people. We were treated great - from the time we stepped out of the taxi until the time we returned to the airport in a taxi. The front desk WAS cooperative and I felt they bent over backwards to accommodate all our requests. We were provided with clean towels every day in both units in which we stayed. We stayed in two separate rooms because the first week we had a 2 bedroom as my daughter and son-in-law were with us for one week and when they left we moved to a one bedroom - which was ready the instant we checked out of the first week. Rooms were not cleaned daily - but I don't do that at home either. The 2 bedroom trash was collected daily and taken out; however, that was all that was done. In the 1 bedroom (1043) we had a wonderful person who not only took the trash out daily but also changed our sheets mid-week. She was great. I don't change my sheets mid-week at home. I've stayed at Marriotts and had to personally take out trash out ourselves everyday and no one changed towels every day, so I hadn't expected such great service. What a great surprise.
We also ate at the restaurant on-site every day. Breakfast was approximately $6.00 each which is not higher that at home. Dinners ranged from $12.00 on up and there was a special each day that was about that price. We had the past night one Friday which was $19.00 and I cannot tell you how delicious it was. Wonderful. All kinds of pastas, a couple pizzas, garlic bread, salads, lasagna, etc., and dessert. Well worth it. Service took the same time there as it did here. Approximately 1/2 hour. I don't know about people who said they had to wait 3 hours to eat. I didn't experience any inordinate delay in getting our food. Lunches ranged from $9.00 to about $12.00 and they too were excellent.
The rooms were hugh and bright and anybody who complains about their view should not stay in their room and look out the window, but go outside for the views.
I would not hesitate to return. The activity director was great too as were the cab drivers who provided us with tons of information about the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island