“Island Seas is a Relaxing Vacation”
Review of Island Seas Resort

Island Seas Resort
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Freeport
Grantsville, Maryland
“Island Seas is a Relaxing Vacation”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Island Seas resort is so relaxing. My wife and I just got back from our 3rd trip there and had a wonderful time. Our first trip was over Thanksgiving 2011 with our children, second trip was in April and now August. We really are making this our go to place. The beach is so nice, white powder sand, warm blue water, and friendly staff. We have always booked all inclusive and that is also a perk. Most of the people at the resort do not even know that you can get the all inclusive package which includes all your drinks, meals and hotel stay. It is the best deal in the Bahamas. Most all inclusive resorts only offer buffet food or maybe a buffet and a few restaurants that you can never get reservations to dine at. At the Island Seas you may order from the menu for your meals or for any snack that you want. The room was clean and you can have daily maid service if you wish. We skipped a few days and they brought us fresh towels and hung them on the door without us even asking. Great service is what you get from all of the staff. The staff remembered us as repeat customers and went out of their way to give us great service. One thing to remember is that you are not in the United States and this is not the Trump tower, so go with a good attitude and you will not be disappointed. I hope to be back again in the next 6 months!

Room Tip: When you book, ask for a room on the beach side of the property. We have never stayed across the roa...
1 Thank Travler21536

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Reviewed 19 August 2012

After reading all these bad reviews I laughed becuase it was like they were taking the words out of ny mouth. The stove didn't work rooms were filthy they didn't clean the rooms for 4 days no towels the back door was broken. Customer service sucks food is exspensive. Taxis are a joke guy wanted 15 bucks to drive to the corner. Guys trying to sell drugs on the beach. The place is in the middle of the ghetto and there's a huge pile of trash right next door.

• Stayed August 2012
7 Thank steve7733

Travellers are raving about these Freeport hotels

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Island seas resort is a beautiful property. While staying there I totally enjoyed the scenery, and the ambience. I had the two bedroom unit, with balconies. The room was very pleasant, clean and comfortable, almost felt like home

What made my stay most memorable were the front desk personnel, specifically Timmie and Ms. Shirley. They both were always pleasant, courteous, and professional.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Desiree W
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My husband and I had an outstanding, relaxing, fun filled vacation at the Island Seas Resort. There is nothing we can say but Kudos to the friendly and accomadating staff. Timmy, at the front desk, always had a smile and ready to assist with whatever request we had.

Thanks again Island seas for an outstanding vacation, as we celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary and my 10th birthday.. (LOL)

Room Tip: Ask for the staff for what they think is the best and I feel confident they will assist you.
1 Thank J A
granville, ny
Reviewed 16 August 2012

my husband and i just returned home from the bahamas, Big mistake going there, Rude , Rude, They confiscated our luggage from the airport and put it in a seperate room and lied, they said it was never delivered from the airport. what a lie!!!!! It came with us. i reported it to the manager and he never did anything about it. The rooms need work , you can actually see the out doors where the air conditioner is inserted in the wall.food extremely expensive 13$ for a box of cereal. 15$ for a six pack of beer. These people are just plain rude. They don't realize that if it were not for us they wouldn't have business, Anyway we went to Virginia Beach the week after and it was llike being in paradise. so friendly and kind , we have decided to keep our vacations in the state at least they are afordable.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
4 Thank tammyGranville_Ny
buena, nj
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We were at Island Seas from July 28 through August 11. I read all the reviews before we went and I have to wonder about people. We were treated great - from the time we stepped out of the taxi until the time we returned to the airport in a taxi. The front desk WAS cooperative and I felt they bent over backwards to accommodate all our requests. We were provided with clean towels every day in both units in which we stayed. We stayed in two separate rooms because the first week we had a 2 bedroom as my daughter and son-in-law were with us for one week and when they left we moved to a one bedroom - which was ready the instant we checked out of the first week. Rooms were not cleaned daily - but I don't do that at home either. The 2 bedroom trash was collected daily and taken out; however, that was all that was done. In the 1 bedroom (1043) we had a wonderful person who not only took the trash out daily but also changed our sheets mid-week. She was great. I don't change my sheets mid-week at home. I've stayed at Marriotts and had to personally take out trash out ourselves everyday and no one changed towels every day, so I hadn't expected such great service. What a great surprise.

We also ate at the restaurant on-site every day. Breakfast was approximately $6.00 each which is not higher that at home. Dinners ranged from $12.00 on up and there was a special each day that was about that price. We had the past night one Friday which was $19.00 and I cannot tell you how delicious it was. Wonderful. All kinds of pastas, a couple pizzas, garlic bread, salads, lasagna, etc., and dessert. Well worth it. Service took the same time there as it did here. Approximately 1/2 hour. I don't know about people who said they had to wait 3 hours to eat. I didn't experience any inordinate delay in getting our food. Lunches ranged from $9.00 to about $12.00 and they too were excellent.

The rooms were hugh and bright and anybody who complains about their view should not stay in their room and look out the window, but go outside for the views.

I would not hesitate to return. The activity director was great too as were the cab drivers who provided us with tons of information about the island.

Room Tip: Take some packable food items. Don't rush - you are on vacation and there are 24 hours in a da...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank babs079
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We liked the Island Seas Resort. We were part of a time share package, and our experience with this hotel was great! They tried to put us in a room across the road (not beachside), and after explaining our situation to the manager (aka frustrations with the company), they found a very nice suite for us on the beach side. I wish I could remember that manager's name, she was very friendly and accommodating! We didn't eat the hotel food, had checked reviews on here before we went and were warned that it was pricey. We did walk onto the beach, and to the left a little bit was a very cool stand where you could order fresh seafood and have it cooked right in front of you. To the right side was a wonderful restaurant, we had food that rivaled anything here in the US at great prices! It was a local hangout and we enjoyed eating there. . . just wish we could remember the name! We enjoyed walking around Port Lucaya (there was a free shuttle there). There are some great restaurants there (you must try a Bahama Mama in a cocunut!), but it did seem touristy. One day we rented a scooter and rode out to the Lucayan National Park . . . long ride but well worth it! Gold Rock Beach was breath taking. Another evening we took a sailboat cruise . . . $40/person with all you can drink Bahama Mamas. Excellent service on the sailboat, will have to find the brochure and write a review for that company. All in all, a nice trip. The locals were wonderful and we the Bahamas!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple