After reading all the reviews about the resort, I decided to add on a few lines. My wife and I have been enjoying the friendly atmosphere at the Island Seas for the past twelve years. The accomodations may not be the best; although, the condos are large and ours has a beautiful view of the ocean. We simply love the people, as they are some of the friendliest, welcoming people that we have ever met. It is the beach and the people that keep on bringing us back. Freeport is not the place that I would travel for night life or cultural attractions, as it really doesn't have much to offer. Freeport, Grand Bahama is the ideal place for relaxation on the beach during the day hours and peaceful rest in the evenings. As far as safety, we find it to be one of the safest places in the world, or at least, the ten countries that I have visited.
In order to enjoy the Bahamas one has to travel with an open mind and realize that one is not in the United Satates. There are certain courtesy rules that one must follow, such as; always greet someone with a smile and a good morning or afternoon before engaging in conversation or asking for directions. That is no different than traveling in Europe or Latin America. Unfortunately, in the United States we have forgotten the art of being courteous and treat others with respect. People will treat you the way you treat them, that has been my experience. I guess that I like to think myself of a traveler rather than a tourist, as I like to get to know the people and their own cultures that sets them apart from the rest of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island