We stayed at the Island Seas Resort from the 31st of January through February 5th. We had a 2- bedroom condo--brand new, clean and well furnished--for about $150 (all taxes included) per nite. We had a lovely canal view.
The beach was unbelievably beautiful. White, powdery sand, shallow, clear, pristine water. It was great. We snorkeled near the point, snoozed in the shade and had a great happy hour each evening. Wonderful drinks at half price! Maxwell at the bar makes great drinks. The Coconuts restaurant was so-so, we did a lot of cooking in the condo.
Don't miss Zonk the Conch man down the beach. His conch salad is wonderful and priced well. It took two of us two meals to polish it off--large portions. He does Conch 11 ways--and fish as well. It's so worth the one minute walk down the beach.
We didn't do much--just truly relaxed. We found our unit quiet, secluded and wonderful. the housekeeping staff is wonderful--efficient, cheery and just downright accommodating. We never went into town, never left the property--we had plenty to do there.
People on the resort's beach selling beads and braiding got on our nerves. They became pushier each day and their constant sales pitches to everyone who walked by were irritating. They even acosted us when we got out of the water. But, annoying as they were, we didn't let that interfere with our time there.
We didn't attend the time share presentation but people who did felt it was too high pressure and even found the sales reps rude.
We met some nice people and found everyone was having a pretty good time. We were the only Californians there (or so it seemed) and most of the people were from the Easten half of the US. I know it's farther than most Californians want to go, but the place was spectacular.
We'd go back in a heartbeat. Great resort, nice people, lots of lazing around to be had for us weary travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island