We just came back from Island Seas and had a wonderful time. I went with my Husband, 5 year & 3 year old and my mother. We had a two bedroom condo. Now we stayed for 9 nights from Jan 29 to Feb 7. Two were booked through condo express and we had to pay the $15.00 per night per adult for those two nights. But remember there is no hotel tax, this is basically it. Then my mom exchanged a week for the timeshare. There was no $15.00 charge then and we had our beds changed everyday and new towels everyday. As Canadians and the dollar, I still did not find it extremely expensive. We went on a glass bottom tour, the dolphin Encounter, my husband went deep sea fishing, all worth it.
We also went to Count Basis Square many nights. The last night before we left, it was a Friday and there was singing by the Ultra Vibes band, which the lady that sings is great, she can sing everything. Then at 9:30 p.m. there was a show with Dancers, the Fire Lady and Limbo Dancers. The limbos dancers were absolutly amazing. We also took in a show Goombaya at the royal oasis hotel which was good as well. We rented a car for a week and my husband found it easy to get use to driving on the left side. We drove out to Dead Man's Reef and went out to the Lucayan National Park. The gold rock beach is amazing. The Condo was clean, and we were never asked to take the timeshare tour, which was fine with us. We found all the people to be quite friendly. We ate at Many different places and only had one not so great encounter. We loved the Cafe Breeze and the pub at Port Lucaya. We ate at Pier One and saw the shark feeding. That was the highlight of the trip for my 3 year old. The water was outstanding. Sorry for it being so long, but I could go on and on. If anyone would like to e-mail any questions, I would love to try and answer them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island