We have been at Island Seas before. Each time just gets better than the time before. The resort is currently renovating but none of the renovations bothered us. The staff at the resort go out of their way to make you feel at home, they are friendly and remember little things that you like, whether it be a drink or peanut butter sandwich (LOL). I cannot thank all of the staff from front desk to bartenders to wait staff and housekeeping and activity director for all their efforts in making our stay extraordinary. We had the all inclusive plan and the food was wonderful. The restaurant has a great menu with many new items, and even the kids loved the Pizza.
The beach at Island Seas is white, looks like icing sugar in the morning when the sun is shining on it. It is cleaned daily and it is very private and secluded. One could not ask for a nicer beach or better location.
The pool was wonderful a little cool at first but we still enjoyed it on a daily basis.
Our family loved the activities especially the Bingo and the Karaoke at night with Talia the activities Director. She really gets everyone in the mood and even some of our shyest guests got up to sing. We had a marvelous time.
They have a little general store on the premises that offers quite an assortment of items from groceries to suntan lotions. The shuttle is free and takes you into Port Lucaya on the hour and runs all day until 6:30 pm.
We left the resort one day to do an excursion and went to Goldrock beach which is where Disney filmed the Pirates of the Carribbean, all I can say is WOW what an absolutely gorgeous beach. One of the bartenders arranged if for us (Tory) with Nolan and we also visited Garden of the Groves, Ben's Cave and a Indian burial cave. Alot of history. Ben's caves is full of bats in the summer it is their nursery which is very interesting. We also made a trip with Nolan into downtown Freeport and that was really fun and we bought local fruit and coconut pie (like peanut brittle from one of the local vendors), it was so good it didn't last long.
All in all Island Seas is very safe, has a marvelous beach, absolutely wonderful outstanding staff, the rooms are being upgraded for our pleasure, and alot of new things coming to this resort. Don't listen tot he negative reviews, go for yourself and relax, be on Island time and enjoy things we cannot enjoy at home. Tranquility, beautiful beach and ocean, and alot of fun.
I would highly recommend this resort to families, couples and anyone that wants to wind down.
Huge thanks to Tory, Anesha, Talia, Angela, Semy, Germaine, Cogan, Michelle, Jackie, Timmy, and anyone else I may have forgotten.'
once again you made our vacation an memorable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island