We just got back from Freeport after staying at Island Seas for a week. We had a two bedroom, 2 bath room. Our room was on the pool side of the hotel and I could tell it was recently redone. One day we walked in and they had installed a new dishwasher! It was clean, quiet, and comfortable and the beach was beautiful! I was really nervous reading all the reviews before I went but was pleasantly surprised when I got there. This hotel is not a grand, luxurious resort. If that is what you are looking for I would stay somewhere else. This hotel is a comfortable and clean place to relax on a really great beach. They are also doing a lot of work to the hotel (like others have mentioned, they are adding a coffee shop and redoing the gym) so that will be nice. The grounds are well kept and I always felt very safe.
Though overall the hotel was good, there are a few things that could have been improved. The service at the hotel is not great. If you need bedding, towels or toilet paper, be ready to call down multiple times to get it. (except shout out to Speedy, as her name implies, she is ON IT and was great!) Also, FYI, they have rollaway beds. Long story, but we finally got one after a struggle so I thought I would share.
The other thing that was not great at the hotel was the food. We all packed breakfasts and snacks in our luggage which was so good! Everything is expensive there so having oatmeal, pop tarts, granola bars, etc. was a very good thing for the mornings. We also packed like fruit snacks, pringles, etc. I would even pack more next time! There is a little general store type place on the property that sells like milk, water, and food items so that is nice. Just everything is expensive.
Some of our favorite things we did while there was Pat and Diane's snorkel and private beach excursion (it was amazing!) We also went through them and they hooked us up with a man named Erwin who is a cab driver on a Gold Rock Beach/Banana Bay tour/day. It was also incredible and Erwin became our go-to taxi guy. He is so nice and knows a ton about the island! I would def recommend his taxi services! We also went to the Wednesday night fish fry and it was a lot of fun! Dinner at Pier One is the final thing I would recommend. They feed sharks and you can watch the sunset! If you are brave enough to drive on the other side of the road I would rent a car. Taxis are crazy expensive. We will do that next time. The hotel is not close to many things so be prepared to take quite a few cab rides which add up even for short distances.
Hopefully this helps someone out there! We had a great time and I will definitely will return to Freeport! They have the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen and the people there were great. Bahama time is a real thing. People move at their own pace so just relax and go with the flow! Have fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island