We just got back from a week at Island Seas and we loved it. They were a little pushy trying to get you to sit in on a timeshare presentation but once you firmly say no (three times to two different people), there was not an issue.
The staff is lovely, a little reserved but very nice. We enjoyed both restaurants especially the buffet meal they had on Saturday night at the Seagrape. Very reasonable at $21.95 a person and great food. The drinks at happy hour were yummy especially the coconut sunset. Not very potent but yummy.
A little disappointed that the pool bar wasn't open the whole week but maybe because it is a shallow pool and used more by the kids than the adults although we used it a lot.
The beach is paradise; white sand, turquoise waters and just delightful. The first day it was very rocky on the beach but then Tropical Storm Arthur came through and cleaned the beach and it was lovely again, so maybe bring water shoes but after the storm they would not have been needed.
We originally stayed on the Marina side but wanted a two bedroom as our adult son was traveling with us so we paid to upgrade to a two bedroom and moved to the beach side. We personally liked it much better on the ocean side of the street and didn't have a problem with noise as some commented. We were in the Blue Marlin building overlooking the pool with an ocean view from the balcony.
You must walk down the beach to the left and try Bernie's Tiki hut. YUM...our best meal of the week. We had the grilled lobster tails and boy were they delish. And Chef Bernie is a hoot. What a nice man.
The complimentary shuttle into town was a nice perk and we used it several times during the week.
We would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island