Well, this resort was actually better than I thought it would be based on everyone else's reviews. I have to say that I was a little skeptical at first, but I am glad that I decided to try it for myself because I have learned that everyone's experience is different! We arrived on April 1, 2010 and checkin was a little hectic, but nothing to the extreme. The staff was actually very nice and friendly because I requested a room on the 1st floor considering that I had elderly people in my party and to my surprise they granted my request!! I had to wait about 2 hrs but that's ok because they were doing me a favor. While they were trying to get us another room, we just strolled the beach a little and enjoyed the scenery. We had a 2 bedroom condo and it was nice. Not a 5 star, but definitely worth the money we paid for it. The first night we had to call for towels, but they brought them within the hour and we had no more problems for the duration of our stay. The food is expensive there, so we went to the City Market and bought groceries and although the prices were steeper than in the U.S., it still beat eating out every night. We spent 145 dollars and bought enough food for 6 people to eat for 4 days/3nights there. As far as the taxi ride, we found a very nice taxidriver that was there at our every beck and call and only charged us between 4 and 5 dollars each way per person. So, we are keeping him for future trips to the Bahamas!! We have his card with all info if we ever need him again. Overall, this trip was amazing and everyone in my party had a wonderful time!!! Hope this helps a little!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island