“it was a pleasant surprise”
Review of Island Seas Resort

Island Seas Resort
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Freeport
Northvale, New Jersey
“it was a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 24 May 2010

this resort was very simple and homely. it wasn't five star but definitely worth a trip if you are looking for a time to relax and enjoy the sun. the suites were clean, floors were sandy but a little water never hurt anyone. the resort is farther away from things, but tons of transportation: cabs, buses, scooters.

the beaches were great, when we were there, a school of fishes were swimming around us. people even fed them fishes.

if you decide to go, dont eat at the restaurant because its not worth your while. try chuck's pig roast and chicken which is right next to the beach. hes a great guy and provides great food! you wont miss out and he provides great company.

remember relax and enjoy yourself. things are slower there. get rid of your NY attitude and relax.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lil1verson3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 May 2010

Never base your stays on other people's reviews. This place was the perfect spot for someone traveling alone or with a group. Everything was neat and clean and the only problem(s) I came across was the electric going out for a few minutes and not being able to turn the tv on. Each issue was corrected promptly and I was satisfied. Security was around the clock and L. Greene is the man you can trust to point you in the right direction. Also, Floyd was great, too. Oh, one other thing that irked me was a salesman for the water sports named ' Rico' watch out for him. He can be a bit pushy, annoying, and very aggressive to pretty women. Contact security if you have any issues out of him. He is not apart of the resort he can solicit you while you are on the beach since the beach sits right at the resort and anyone can walk the beach.....Overall, I would recommend this resort for relaxation, quiet, and great staff! I can't wait to book next year's trip at the same spot!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Leslie T
London
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Condo situated perfectly right on a beautiful beach with crystal clear water. We had a large very comfortable one bedroom apt with balcony, ours certainly wasn't dirty, just a bit sandy! Staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had no reason to complain about anything except the 'safe' not working in our room. It was easy to get a taxi to Port Lucaya. We found everyone in Freeport so friendly and polite, great diving center there. Everything takes a little longer but you're in the Bahamas, the pace of life is slower, thank goodness! relax, chill out and enjoy. We would certainly stay at Island Seas again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bahamamamaLondon
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Okay I read the reviews before I went and I should have listened!!! If you are looking for somewhere to have no nightlife and nothing to do than this is your spot. Also the people here are extremely unfriendly!!! I have been to many places in the Caribbean and they have never been this rude!!! My spouse and I are 28-30 years old and will never come again!! We have just visited Aruba and cannot even compare!! The food here is rated 3 out of 10. Nothing spectacular! I didn't listen but if you are looking for good eats and good people DON'T COME HERE!! Please don't!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patron2721

Travellers are raving about these Freeport hotels

Miami, FL
Reviewed 15 April 2010

I was apprehensive about booking my stay at Island Seas after reading some of the other reviews. I was pleasantly surprised, the condo we stayed in was very nice and ready for us on arrival. These were across the street from the main hotel location but it wasn't a big deal. The food service was a bit slow, but it didn't bother us, after all we were on vacation.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, we even met someone who went out and bought us fresh fish for an evenings dinner. Overall I would recommend the resort and we will visit again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Cemmanuel
Georgia
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Well, this resort was actually better than I thought it would be based on everyone else's reviews. I have to say that I was a little skeptical at first, but I am glad that I decided to try it for myself because I have learned that everyone's experience is different! We arrived on April 1, 2010 and checkin was a little hectic, but nothing to the extreme. The staff was actually very nice and friendly because I requested a room on the 1st floor considering that I had elderly people in my party and to my surprise they granted my request!! I had to wait about 2 hrs but that's ok because they were doing me a favor. While they were trying to get us another room, we just strolled the beach a little and enjoyed the scenery. We had a 2 bedroom condo and it was nice. Not a 5 star, but definitely worth the money we paid for it. The first night we had to call for towels, but they brought them within the hour and we had no more problems for the duration of our stay. The food is expensive there, so we went to the City Market and bought groceries and although the prices were steeper than in the U.S., it still beat eating out every night. We spent 145 dollars and bought enough food for 6 people to eat for 4 days/3nights there. As far as the taxi ride, we found a very nice taxidriver that was there at our every beck and call and only charged us between 4 and 5 dollars each way per person. So, we are keeping him for future trips to the Bahamas!! We have his card with all info if we ever need him again. Overall, this trip was amazing and everyone in my party had a wonderful time!!! Hope this helps a little!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Nike0611
Blackstone, MA
Reviewed 3 April 2010

The day we arrived was a nightmare it seemed like no one knew what they were doing, checking in meant seeing 4 different people in 4 different locations. Getting towels for the room was also a trying experience. It was unbelievable you almost had to give the name of your first born. The floors in the rooms we filthy, our socks we so dirty after walking around I had to bleach them. I had to clean the bathtub toliet before using. There were a few redeeming qualities the beach was nice as long as you did not go to far away from the resort. There were broken bottles and trash on the beach. I found people in Freeport do not respect the environment, they have such a beautiful island but there is trash everywhere. (Kind of like the US) Anyway back to redeeming qualities of the resort, ummm...shuffle board was great, the laundry facility was convenient and Valery at the front desk was awesome. The shuttles were great to go downtown. If you like kayaking go with Grand Bahama Nature Tours, ask for Chad he is absolutely the best.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple