“DO NOT MISS THIS RESTAURANT”
Review of Flying Fish

Flying Fish
Ranked #1 of 122 Restaurants in Freeport
Price range: US$20 - US$75
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Bahamian, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With unmatched service & attention to detail, Flying Fish offers a blend of traditional & modernist cuisine techniques not used anywhere else in the Bahamas. Focusing on local seafood & indigenous ingredients prepared with the utmost skill & creativity. Flying Fish boasts an in-house sommelier. Chef Tim Tibbitts is named in the Top 25 Chefs for 2014 in the Caribbean by Caribbean Journal. The restaurant has also been named one of the Top 5 in the Caribbean, is Fodor recommended for Grand Bahama Island and has been awarded 4 Diamond rating by AAA. Waterside dining at its finest.
Waco, Texas
“DO NOT MISS THIS RESTAURANT”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The chef here has been recently awarded best chef in the Caribbean and he deserves it. The Flying Fish is on the canal so the view is fine. There's even a floating dock you can drink and dine on. There's a place to pull up in a boat. The chef/owner is a great musician and sometimes plays. But those are not the reasons to come here. They are just extras. The reason to come here is that the food is awesome. The Cilantro Mango Margarita is awesome. We ate here 4 times in the 2 weeks we were here....sometimes inside and sometimes on the deck. Either experience is grand although the deckis a bit cheaper. But don't worry about the cost. This is awesome food and excellent service.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Nannerdoodle

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Modern Seafood”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Went to flying fish restaurant (Port Lucayua, Bahamas) for my 59th birthday July 26, 2014. Told the reservationsist it's my birthday and I'd like to book a table for three. Unbeknownst to me she relayed my message to the chef. The chef gave me three free appetizers which I shared with my guest. At the end of our meal once again the chef gave to me three (free) desserts which I shared with my guest. Bottom line thoughtful and delicious! I give flying fish 5★'s not because of the unexpected freebies, but the ambiance, food presentation, quality of the food and the waiters knowledge of what one ordered. A definite must visit when in the Bahamas.

1 Thank Fran D
“Excellent”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The food was way better than we expected. So much so that we went again the next night. The service is friendly, charming and very professional. Our favorite dishes included the tuna and watermelon appetizer and the scallop main course. The restaurant is located right between Pelican Bay and Grand Lucayan and is a short walk from both resorts. Go there. Its worth the effort.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Cheswilson
New York City, New York
“A True Gem”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Serivce. Friendly and warm. Food. So great words cannot describe it. As a major foodie from NYC, I was in doubt that there would be a restaurant on that island that would compare to anything from NYC. I was wrong.

If you are in Freeport, go to the Flying Fish and give your palette a ride.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank MCGEETYREE
“A fantastic anniversary dinner”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

While my husband and I were on vacation in Freeport we had the pleasure of celebrating our wedding anniversary at Flying Fish.
Drinks outside on the water were delicious. And the dinner that followed was one of the best I have ever had. My husband and I both had the rare Tuna and it was unbelievable. If I am ever back in Freeport I would definitely go there again and order the exact same thing.

• Visited August 2014