We just returned from a 5 night stay at the Grand Lucayan. The hotel is very clean and the staff were all friendly and helpful. We had an ocean view room on the 8th floor and it was wonderful. The hotel is located on a beautiful beach. When the tide goes out you can walk for miles and it is truly wonderful. I am a picky person when it comes to rooms. Our room was very clean and comfortable. I had no complaints.
The marketplace across the street was a great place to visit and stock up on water and fruit. There is a little store named Santorini's located in the back part of the marketplace. Very small but a good place to buy oranges and bananas at a fraction of the cost of the hotel store. If you buy water at the hotel go to the sundry store connected to the coffee shop. It is $1 at the store and $2 or more at the coffee shop. That made no sense to me but if people want to save money shop around a little.
We had a great time and would return to this resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan is an elegant, serene AAA four-diamond resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. As part of Grand Lucayan Bahamas Beach & Golf Resort, this 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island