Recently returned to Freeport after almost 25 years. The area is different but hasn't changed much. Still rather remote and lowkeyed. This is why we enjoyed ourselves so much.
The hotel was in a GREAT location to EVERYTHING.....entertainment, food, casino, beach, scooter rentals....EVERYTHING!
The people of Freeport are so wonderful....can't do enough to please you...help with directions which we needed on the scooters one day!
Recommend seeing the island away from the main town....garden of the groves, national park and beach area, Diamond Sunrise Restaurant in High Rock....Bonfire on Taino Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan is an elegant, serene AAA four-diamond resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. As part of Grand Lucayan Bahamas Beach & Golf Resort, this 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island