I am a business traveler and don’t have time to use the amenities such as the tennis courts, pool, gym, or beach.
I actually wanted to use the hot tub after a long day working on my feet. However the hot tub was out of service for the three days I was there. I was not happy about this. If the hot tub was working, I would have giving the resort an excellent rating.
The wait to check in was too long. There was only one person at the front desk. There should have been at least two people working there.
The food at the breakfast buffet was great. Location is awesome. The rooms was spacious and super clean.
Added to my bill when I checked out were the following: Government tax of 5%, Tourism Levy of 9%, Energy surcharge of 10%, Resort fee of 9%, Service charge of 8%. These charges added quite a bit to the cost of the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan Bahamas is an elegant resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. This 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island