Spent Christmas at this hotel last year. We were really pleasantly surprised.
The gym is great, the beach is on your doorstep and simply fabulous - we couldn't have asked for more. There is a little market across the street and a golf club 5 mins cab away. It's a quite and relaxing resort. Not for the party goers.
Check in and check out definitely takes too long and so we are hoping that the speed this up as we have booked to return in February :)
Less paperwork - the admin people need to prepare guests details on their system prior to arrival so that we merely have to scan and sign vs filling out forms and holding everyone up.
Hallways/corridors were a little too cold - the AC was set too low but not low enough for me to mention it when there.
All in all we had a perfect time and are super excited to go back in 3 months time.
The facilities, the pool, the friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere is simply wonderful.
A great stay and a great sea view!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan is an elegant, serene AAA four-diamond resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. As part of Grand Lucayan Bahamas Beach & Golf Resort, this 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island