We had an amazing vacation here at the beginning of April!
We were checked in immediately and had no wait at the front desk, although a woman who came on our flight was left waiting for a room that apparently hadn't been cleaned? (We arrived at 7pm)
The rooms were clean and well kept; cleaned and fresh towels every day in a timely manner. We stayed in an Island View room so the view wasn't spectacular but you got a nice peek at the market and marina over the trees. There was a nice mini fridge that we were able to use under our TV.
The beach was spectacular and HUGE compared to the Memories resort next door! Always lots of chairs out and rarely busy - it only got a bit busy when the cruise ships came in and people were waiting for rooms. Lots of people wandering up and down the beach offering hair braiding, tours, bracelets etc...but they were all very pleasant and took your first no as the final answer.
The pools were pretty and well kept but we didn't spend much time in them because the beach was spectacular. Lots of activities by the poolside in the afternoon for all ages!
Staff were absolutely lovely and SO friendly - LOVED Lily from Willy Broadleaf - she was an absolute hoot and SO welcoming.
We did the all inclusive package and it was somewhat disappointing; all restaurants are only open certain nights and you are only able to eat from a select menu (no seafood seemed to be the big thing). We got bored fairly quickly with the selection and most of the food was just ok. Churchill's was delicious but we had a pretty surly waitress who made the evening a bit of a drag. We tried a few restaurants in the market to get some variety and I would definitely spend more time eating there than at the resort next time! I have some dietary restrictions as well so it made it a bit tricky for me to find anything to eat on the menu.
My only complaint was that you never get to see the sunset! You can catch a sunrise if you get up early enough but I got up twice and it was too cloudy to see much of anything. We went out to a restaurant at the Marina to see a spectacular sunset!
We went on the Dolphin Swim with Unexso, Snorkelling with the Watersports tours and Horseback riding at Pinetree stables - all AMAZING excursions and highly reccomended.
Lots of wildlife - lizards, birds, crabs, etc...on and around the beach, very cool to see!
Would definitely come back here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan is an elegant, serene AAA four-diamond resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. As part of Grand Lucayan Bahamas Beach & Golf Resort, this 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island