“Great location”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Freeport
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great location”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The check in process from the cruise ship Celebration was a little hectic. They give you a pager(similar to restaurant) and tell you to go enjoy yourself on property and if pager does not go off by 3 pm come to front desk. My word of advice...do Not go to front desk till 5pm. We ended up standing in line at front desk with MANY others for about 45-55 minutes. Other people were showing up at 4:30pm with barely any line and were given the room keys then.
The hotel is a bit older, the carpets a little worn in some places, some of the room door jams could use some fixing due to water damage, time or whatever. Pool was beautiful, plenty of chairs.
Location is across street from Lucaya Market place (meaning all the shops and restaurants).

Room Tip: Stay ocean side and above 5th floor for view.
1 Thank Merrichris
Grand L, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Lucayan, Bahamas, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Hello Merrichris,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to know that you found the location of our resort great and the pool beautiful. Thank you for bringing the issue with the room door jamming to my attention. I appreciate all of your feedback and I hope you decide to come visit our resort again in soon.

-Pedro Miller, Director of Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,057)
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We arrived Sunday May 25th by boat and booked an ocean side room. We checked in at11pm and asked for an upgraded room to ocean side view which they hesitated, suggesting they only have a few rooms...after manager agreed we were upgraded. Got to room and it smelled really bad like mildew. Room was dirty like the bathroom had not been cleaned in a while. It was getting late and after being in the boat for 2 days we didn't want to hassle with changing rooms. Jump in the shower and found there were no towels. After using a wash cloth to dry off I called the front desk and it took 25 minutes to get some towels.

Been going to bahamas for 20years and ac and a hot shower is all I need but if I am going to pay $$ for a hotel which is close to double the price of the surrounding hotels the room should be clean, should not smell like mildew and yes, there should be towels.

The worst part is this was my wife's first trip to grand lucaya and I was hoping she would be impressed but it was the complete opposite.

Room Tip: Don't get a king size bed as the room we stayed in smelled.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank JC C
Hello JC C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I would like to personally apologize for the cleanliness of the room and the fact they you did not have any towels. If you'd like to get in touch with me, please e-mail me at guestservices@grandlucayan.com. Thank you again, I truly appreciate your feedback.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I went there for my bday in feb and it was wonderful. The pool and beach was very clean. Staff was great. I can't complain. The bartender made a drink with some pineapple juice I can't remember the name of it but OMG! It was SOOO GOOD! I really enjoyed myself and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tanya R
Hello Tanya R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and happy belated birthday! I am very happy to know that you had such a wonderful birthday trip and enjoyed the clean pools, beaches and special pineapple drink at the bar. I really appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights and loved it! The rooms are clean and nice, they provide safes and mini-fridges in rooms. The view was beautiful. The hotel is very close to a number of shops and restaurants within walking distance. The only thing I would change is better hotel transportation (cabs are very expensive) and water sports such as snorkeling or sailing included. Day trip activities seemed to be more costly than other resorts we've been to.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello A TripAdvisorMember,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to know that you found the rooms both clean and nice and that you also enjoyed your view. I really appreciate your feedback on transportation and water sports at the resort and will take them into consideration. We definitely hope to have you back in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed at the Grand Lucayan while coordinating a meeting that was held on the premises. The staff went above and beyond to ensure that all our needs were met and were very open to working with our suggestions and strategies to ensure a successful meeting. I recommend this resort as a great place to hold conferences and meetings and too a place to relax. Lucayan Beach is absolutely beautiful and my ocean view room provided a view that anyone would envy! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brooklyn_SS
Grand L, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Lucayan, Bahamas, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hello Brooklyn_SS

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! I am very pleased to know that our staff was able to meet all of your needs and you were able to have a successful meeting. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed Lucayan Beach and the ocean view you had from your room. I really appreciate your feedback and I hope to see you back soon at our resort.

coralsprings
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Went there for our 29th wedding anniversary over Memorial Day weekend. My husband and I have visited this property several times. Been going to Freeport for 30 yrs. and have been never disappointed. Love the people and the beaches are beautiful. We recommend going here to vacation if you want a laid back slow down relaxing time. The resort grounds are well kept and the pools are clean. Love Hammerheads swim up bar ask for Edwin he's a really good bartender!! Check in was a breeze Allison the Front desk Manager is absolutely wonderful. She always makes our trip so special. Our housekeeper Anice was the best always smiling and had our room ready with fresh lines every day. Even the bell hops which by the way have been there for a long time are always smiling and very helpful. Food is good eat at the Market place we love to eat the Piecies , Breezes, Luciania a must and La med. Always a fun time there. Go on the Reef tour sail boat snorkeling it's priced right and a lot of fun fish are beautiful. We live in Ft Laud and if we had the $$$ would go several times a year. Plus we flew Bahamas Air 20 min flight and everyone was professional and on time!! I give them five stars in our experience and have nothing but happy memories we also recommend Delphine at Willy Broad Leafs she a great waitress and is always so pleasant. Ask for a high floor the views are stunning.

Room Tip: Seventh floor or higher view is awesome. End units are great very quiet. And the room we always get...
Hello nancyCoralsprings_fl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I absolutely love hearing from our returning guest! I can assure you that I will let all of our staff that you mentioned, Edwin at Hammerheads, Allison our Front Desk Manager, Anice one of our housekeepers and Delphine from Willy BroadLeaf’s, that they all helped make your 29th wedding anniversary both memorable and special. I appreciate your feedback and we all certainly hope to have you back soon for another laid back vacation. The stunning views will be waiting for you.

Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The resort is beautiful and our room was much larger than expected. Very clean, no problems with facility. We ate the $13 breakfast at the resort; very good. DO NOT make the mistake of choosing the Sunset Bonfire that the resort aggressively promotes; instead walk to the nearby resturarants, they are excellent quality and price. The staff are friendly, but everything is like a cattle call and SO SLOW.
If I returned to Freeport, this resort is the best of all choices. Beautiful and try out the secluded infinity pool near the spa if you are looking for peace and quiet to just relax.

Room Tip: We had a view of the air conditioners on rooftop, but were never in our room for that to matter. If...
3 Thank drjen32404
Hello drjen32404,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! I am very pleased to hear that you found the resort beautiful, clean and that your room expectations were exceeded. I am also pleased to hear that you found the staff friendly and that you consider our resort the best choice in Freeport. I appreciate all of your feedback and definitely hope to have you back soon for another peaceful and relaxing stay.

-Pedro Miller, Director of Guest Services
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Bell Channel Inn
#12 of 14 in Freeport
Old Bahama Bay
Old Bahama Bay
#1 of 1 in West End

Been to Grand Lucayan, Bahamas? Share your experiences!