I took the Discovery Cruise n' Stay from Fort Lauderdale and stayed here for 3-nights - I couldn't have picked a nicer place.
Rooms were great - they're quite large. The beds were nice and comfy, big fluffy pillows. The bathroom is large as well and has tons of counter-space. Balcony's were nice too - even the ones overlooking the market and tennis courts.
The location is superb! You're right on the beach of course, and it's well maintained and spacious so you don't feel crowded. There are lots of beach chairs both on the beach and around the pool, so you don't have to worry about that. There's a large pool, but I didn't see anyone use it while I was there... but who needs a pool when you have the crystal blue ocean at your finger tips?
The restaurants on the resort are pricey enough - I'd recommend heading across the street to the market instead. (Agave and Zorba's are both good bets). If you eat on the resort, the China Grill has good snacks and cocktails, and the Prop Grill (I think it was called? It's at the west-end of the beach) has nice fish dishes and beer.
Being across from the market was nice - it's fun to wander through. It's very much aimed at tourists, so if you're not big on souvenir shops and such, you might want to stay away from that part of the market. If you walk along the outside there are tons of stalls with souvenirs - you will be stopped often enough by vendors, but they aren't pushy about it. Everyone's very friendly, so just politely decline and they let you be.
Only complaint was check-in took FOREVER. But I think that was because a whole bunch of us from the cruise arrived all at once... I imagine the rest of the day it would run smoothly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan Bahamas is an elegant resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. This 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island