My husband and I travelled to the Bahamas for my work in Feb. of this year. My company had booked the trip a year in advance when the property was a Westin. We were excited, as we've consistently had nice stays at Westin properties. When we learned two months prior to the trip that the Radisson had purchased the property - we were nervous.
The hotel lobby is lovely with rocking chairs and high ceilings - very Westin like.
Our room was quite nice as well - beautiful view, recently updated, comfortable bed
That's where the pleasantries stop. With the exception of where my colleagues and I were staying (the tower building shown in the picture), the rest of the resort seemed abandoned.
75% of the resort could have been boarded up, as it had not been occupied in years seemingly.
There was only one restaurant available to eat at during the day - which after several days grew tired.
While in the spa receiving a Westin-priced treatment, there was a water main break and flood. Unfortunately, I did not get my money back nor was I able to reschedule, as they did not have enough staff to accommodate my work group.
The pool servers were truly on island time and only attentive when they were literally followed and/or tracked down - generous gratuities did not improve your position.
Finally - the weather in the Bahamas in February is not tropical which made the trip less than ideal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan is an elegant, serene AAA four-diamond resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. As part of Grand Lucayan Bahamas Beach & Golf Resort, this 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, HRS and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island