I stayed to Taino Beach in July with my boyfriend for one week. The check in process was slighty frustrating as it took a couple of hours with us in the lobby waiting for the bell boy to take us with our bags to the room. However, there was free rum punch in the lobby to help ourselves to. The beach was breath taking, I couldn't believe how unreal the water was. There were plenty of lounge chairs & tables on the beach for guests to use. The Pool was ridiculous. It was so huge it took me a few days to discover the hidden jacuzzi caves inside of it. The grotto bar was awesome, and the bartender was very generous with the liquor pouring. I wish the bar would have stayed open longer though, but we saved money by purchasing our own liquor in Port Lucaya (A liter of Bacardi was like $9).
After visiting Port Lucaya, I learned alot more about the locals and became very respectful of their culture. I understood why our check in took so long. They aren't fast paced like we are in the US, they are very happy and relaxed people and do things on their own time. I really liked that about the Bahamas. Port Lucaya was also very fun and it was just a short $5 Ferry Ride from the hotel across the street from Taino Beach.
The only things I will warn you about, is when you get to the resort you will be forced to meet a representative of the activities & water sports & she will try very hard to sell you these activities.... she will also call you very early every morning to try again, so unplug your phone if you want to sleep in! Also, there are NO grocery stores within walking distance! So it is very important to go on the scheduled grocery runs, which you have to reserve at the front desk, or by calling the front desk. You should go on a grocery run your first day if you can because the food is very expensive, even at the grocery stores, but it's cheaper to cook your own food than to eat at any restaurant in Freeport. Giovanni's in Port Lucaya had great food at a decent price though. However, if you do want to do any activities, do book it with her when you get there or book everything BEFORE you get to the Bahamas because you will not have cell phone service or wifi & the phone in our room, and a couple we met at the resort's room, did not work for outgoing calls, not even for local calls. There is only free wifi in the lobby & at the pool. There is also a free computer to use for internet upstairs in the lobby.
The rooms were very beautiful in the Marlin building, they are the furthest from the beach, but it was only 2-3 minutes walk. You can almost get lost walking aroung the pool to the beach & restaurant, but there are signs :) The land scaping is gorgeous and they do a good job at keeping the grounds and beach clean.
It was my first vacation out of the country, but it was one of the best experiences of my life. I can't wait to go back to the Bahamas! This resort was much nicer than a few others nearby. A couple I met on a semi submarine tour who stayed at the Viva Wyndham were very disappointed, so I was glad I didn't go there like I had initially planned in the past.
PS- if you plan on going for a long walk in the beach, bring tennis shoes because further down it gets rocky for a while before you get to the Junkanoo Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive Taino Beach Resort & Club offers owners all the comforts of home, but far, far away from any worries of home. With full kitchens, master bedrooms, and spacious patios, the whole family can enjoy their vacation. Views of the beach and pool. Ferry service to Port Lucaya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Taino Beach Resort & Clubs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taino Beach Resort And Clubs
- Taino Beach Resort & Clubs Hotel Freeport
- Ritz Beach Freeport
- Ritz Beach Hotel Freeport
- Ritz Freeport
- Freeport Ritz
- Taino Beach Resort & Clubs Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island