My wife and I and another couple spent a week at the Taino Beach Resort on Grand Bahama Island (June 8 to June 15). We stayed in the Marlin section. Our friends stayed in the older Ocean building. The following is our report:
Check in: We all arrived early at 2:30 PM for a 4 o'clock check in. We asked for an early check in and our friends were able to get to their room by 3:30. We were delayed and did not get entry until 4:30.
Rooms: The Marlin is the newest and nicest section. The room was actually two rooms, a large living room and kitchen and a separate bedroom. There was also a very nice deck with a good pool view. The quarters were very clean and nicely furnished and equipped. The Ocean section is older, smaller (although our friends had a loft, two sleeping areas, two bathrooms and a hot tub). Their view was not as nice. On the whole the Marlin was excellent. The Ocean was okay.
The pool: The pool was outstanding. It was skimmed and cleaned every morning. It had a swim up bar, three grotto caves, a lazy river, a swallow children's section and a great slide. There was an adjacent hot tub. The pool was probably the largest in all the Bahama Islands.
The restaurant: Good food, good service, reasonable prices (15% tip added automatically), great porch near the water.
The grounds: Beautifully landscaped.
The beach: Just steps away from all the units. It was never crowded, had plenty of good lounges and a series of shelters for shade. You can rent kayaks, banana boat rides and jet skis right on the beach. Venta, a very nice Bahamian, can braid your hair or sell you some local jewelry. I bought four necklaces at very reasonable prices. There was good snorkeling in the canal. We saw a lion fish, three sting rays and many, many fish.
On the whole this was one of the best vacations that I have taken in 45 years of traveling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive Taino Beach Resort & Club offers owners all the comforts of home, but far, far away from any worries of home. With full kitchens, master bedrooms, and spacious patios, the whole family can enjoy their vacation. Views of the beach and pool. Ferry service to Port Lucaya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taino Beach Resort & Clubs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taino Beach Resort & Clubs Hotel Freeport
- Taino Beach Resort And Clubs
- Ritz Beach Freeport
- Ritz Beach Hotel Freeport
- Ritz Freeport
- Freeport Ritz
- Taino Beach Resort & Clubs Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island