After reading all of the reviews, I too was a little doubtful about our upcoming trip. We were there from July 24th -July 29th. The best thing is that our costs were minimal. Our friends who own with RCI gifted us a week. That meant that our room including utility fees was approximately $60/night. Not bad at all for a Resort with a spa tub, kitchenette, and beautiful marble tile. We were on the 4th floor (penthouse) with a nice view. I came prepared with all of my RCI paperwork for the staff and it seemed to make them happy that at least we tried to follow instructions. We were nice to the staff and they were nice to us.
Our room was extremely clean. The kitchenette was well stocked with appliances, dishes, pots, glasses, and silverware. Everything worked including the telephone, air conditioning, tv/vcr, jacuzzi tub, etc.
Housekeeping was very timely. We received towels daily. The first 2 days...I had to request towels. After that, the towels came regularly. Since, we did quite a bit of cooking, housekeeping washed our dishes daily. : ) I loved that. We tried to be extremely nice by expressing our appreciation each time they came. We left a nice tip on our last night at the resort.
Things I didn't know: pre-paid calling cards are not allowed. Don't even bring one. Calling rates back to the states are ridiculous.
Don't expect a 5 star hotel. It's not one. The beach is beautiful. The pool was gorgeous. The ferry for $25/per person per week was excellent.
For me, it was a nice relaxing vacation. I was 32 weeks pregnant at this time. My husband and I just wanted a quick get away. We brought an icechest filled with cold drinks, snacks, spaghetti fixings, taco fixings, etc. Remember the weight limit for each piece of luggage is 50 pounds.
The Ritz fit the bill for our trip. If you want something fancier, then perhaps the Ritz isn't for you. The staff was courteous and friendly. The restaurant I enjoyed the most was the Pub at Port Lucaya. The shrimp is EXCELLENT! The restaurant at the Casino was o.k. too. Finally, the International Plaza was fun. We ate inside one of the hotel restaurants. The food was good. I had a huge fruit platter for lunch which was divine.
We rode the ferry, taxi cab, and bus during our stay. All of these means of transportation are RUSTIC. I was very surprised by that. Our room at the Ritz was very nice. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The baby is due in 5 days! : )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive Taino Beach Resort & Club offers owners all the comforts of home, but far, far away from any worries of home. With full kitchens, master bedrooms, and spacious patios, the whole family can enjoy their vacation. Views of the beach and pool. Ferry service to Port Lucaya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taino Beach Resort & Clubs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taino Beach Resort & Clubs Hotel Freeport
- Taino Beach Resort And Clubs
- Ritz Beach Freeport
- Ritz Beach Hotel Freeport
- Ritz Freeport
- Freeport Ritz
- Taino Beach Resort & Clubs Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island