“a healthy alternative”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: A new concept for sophisticated healthy eating in Grand Bahama.
The Bahamas
“a healthy alternative”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Living in Grand Bahama it can be challenging sometimes to find somewhere to eat that caters to all lifestyles, vegan, vegetarian, and the rest of us shameless meat eaters. At Garden Delite it's all about choices; they offer something for everyone. There are two soup choices, one vegetarian; there's a wide selection of breads and there's even sushi. The salad bar offers an amazingly large selection of options including a number of salad dressings. You can select from a choice of fish, chicken or beef or do like I do and have all three! Just when you think you couldn't possibly eat another bite there's always some tempting dessert offering to make you reconsider. All these choices offered to you at a reasonable price. The staff are attentive and pleasant; there's always a warm welcome when you return.

2 Thank Lizdovely

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
“Garden Delite/Freeport Grand Bahama, Bahamas.”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My lunch at the Garden Delite was the best healthy, fresh food I have eaten here at home in a long long time. I felt like I was on one of my "love yourself" trips in florida! :-) The ambience was beautiful and the service was lovely. Smiling, friendly and approachable employees. Keep up the good work and good fresh food and oh the healthy drink i ordered was Passion fruit with wheat grass delicious, my newest favourite eatery here at home!

“A Gem”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I had lunch again today at the Garden Delite. I really enjoy this little gem of a restaurant. The live centerpieces on each table are a nice touch…sometimes herbs like rosemary, thyme or basil; today we had pepper plants. There’s always a choice of 2 soups, made fresh daily. Today I had conch chowder, my lunch partner had cream of mushroom; both delicious. Add in a great selection of fresh baked breads and rolls…YUM! The salad bar is always full of fresh ingredients, beautifully presented and please don’t forget the desserts …today they had fresh baked apple tartlets with caramelized walnuts and guava & coconut mousse. They also have a choice of 3 meat/fish options for an additional charge. The staff are some of the friendliest I have met on the Island, always smiling! This is THE place to go for a relaxing, healthy and fresh lunch in a lovely setting with the option of a waterway or an ocean view.

Freeport, Freeport, The Bahamas
“perfect restaurant”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I live here in Freeport grand bahama and have enjoyed so many lunches at The Garden Delite. The staff are amazing and so helpful and always smiling. The food is so delicious all so fresh. I think I have probably visited 12 times since they opened as I do love the view and the air conditioning. I will be back there on Tuesday I do not lunch anywhere else and I am quite fussy. Enjoy The Garden Delite everyone. Thank you Priscilla

Cleveland, OH
“Fabulous Find in the Bahamas!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We are always looking for delicious, healthy places to eat and this place fit the bill wonderfully! We met the chef on the ferry from Ft. Lauderdale and when he described his restaurant, we knew it was for us! The soups were home-made daily and the salad bar was fresh and fabulous. The vegetable sushi was a great treat. Add in the nicest waitresses and a beautiful setting and you can see why we ate every lunch there. We were so happy to know that we would have a great salad every day and can't thank them enough for helping to make our trip so wonderful. I wish they would open a branch in my hometown!

• Visited July 2013