“Family Diving with the Team”
Review of Unexso

and up
2-Tank Dive in Freeport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHAT WE DO : SCUBA diving and certification, INTERACTIVE Dolphin Programs for all ages, SNORKEL Tours, and 500 sq. ft. retail store. WHO WE ARE: UNEXSO was founded in 1965 as a scuba diving club. Through the years UNEXSO has become world famous and known for pioneering the shark dive and dolphin dive in the Bahamas. UNEXSO offers introduction to diving, certification and advanced diving courses for individuals and superb group packages including hotel for dive groups. Courses are conducted in our 17' deep training pool with observation windows.UNEXSO also offers a variety of dolphin interaction programs, including the Dolphin Close Encounter, Dolphin Swim and Dolphin Dive. Additionally, we are the only facility in the Bahamas to offer an Open Ocean Swim with the Dolphins Program.UNEXSO is also home to Sun & Sea Outfitters, a 4,500 square foot retail store for all your clothing, gift, souvenir and dive equipment needs. Our store has long been the #1 shopping place for tourists and locals alike. Great selection of the newest styles at affordable prices.Don't forget to stop for a cool drink or great meal at the Dive In Bar & Grill, located poolside at UNEXSO, best Pina Colada in town !!!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Wichita, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Family Diving with the Team”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was absolutely a fantastic experience for me, my son, and my daughter who took her first Dive with Diego!!! Even when things did not work properly, like the Dolphins deciding that they did not want to go to the open water on Wednesday, they crew and staff made everything fun, and made the most of our adventure. We did 4 dives, and took advantage of the Dolphin Swim, all of which were amazing!!! I would highly recommend this group to meet all your needs. You will be talking about these activities long after your vacation is over.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Troy R

Stoney Creek, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was a first time ocean diver on this trip, newly certified in fresh water back home. The staff was extremely professional yet casual enough not to make a new diver feel uncomfortable. They helped with all equipment which was literally a load off my back as I have severe arthritis in my back. They helped me carry my tank to the edge to enter the water from the boat and I took off my BCD and weight belt before coming out to save my back and they helped with that cheerfully and made me feel good about the whole thing. The locations we visited were simply beautiful and very much worth the cost. We booked through the Carnival cruise line so as to make sure we made it back to the ship on time but I really think these people would see to it that we were back on time anyway, they're very conscious of time and safety. We saw some small sharks, a moray eel and lots of large, colourful fish. I appreciated the kindness of one of the female staff who gently brought out a small sea creature from a rock that resembled a spider and let us all hold it before she carefully placed it back in its home. I LOVED that she respected the creature and didn't let it come to harm for human enjoyment. I can't say enough good things about the staff of UNEXCO. I felt very safe, the dive master constantly checked air and to see if everyone was okay. For the more experienced divers, they weren't held back by newbies, the dive masters kept an eye on everyone but there was a safe amount of freedom for them. My family had a wonderful time with this dive and the respect for the sea life that the staff demonstrated was the highlight for us.

2 Thank Dian S
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First Time Divers”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

If you are a new scuba diver and comfortable with the water Discover Scuba is great for you! However, if you are not comfortable in the pool then you may not be comfortable in the ocean. The Discover Scuba is a 40 foot dive that can be a little intimidating. My thought here is that beginners should at least go down only to 15-20 feet for their first dive. The staff is absolutely friendly and helpful! My husband is an experienced diver and had a blast but I had a bit of trouble with my mask leaking and uncomfortable going down to 40 feet on my first dive.

2 Thank Michael Tania K
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience!!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had a wonderful experience with Unexso. As newly certified scuba divers, we went on a trip to Freeport. We did 2 shallow water reef dives and the dolphin encounter with Unexso. The entire staff was amazing and very helpful. Even before we left on the trip, I contacted Unexso with various questions via email, and received prompt and informative responses. The dolphin encounter was so much more than I expected, a once in a lifetime opportunity, well worth the price! The scuba trips were our first ocean dives and when we told the staff we were new, they helped us set up our equipment, do our safety checks, and take apart everything once we got back on the boat. They led guided tours to the coral heads, monitored our air consumption underwater, and led us right back to the ascension line when it was time to go up. A new scuba diver can not ask for more! Visit Unexso, you will be glad you did!!

3 Thank Gina M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I went on the 21st and it was a great experience. From the boat ride to the dolphins to the people, and to the dolphins themselves-awesome! Do yourself a favor and do one of their experiences. We did the swim with the dolphins which was perfect for us. The personalities of the dolphins are just the sweetest and so funny! I had a smile plastered on my face the entire time. Thanks unexso staff and dolphins for the amazing experience.

2 Thank Janinemlg