“Awesome space for the price!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
General view of the building
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Margaret...
“Awesome space for the price!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

We relaxed at The Ocean at Taino Beach Resort. Every hostess we encountered was beyond nice. There were two individuals I'd like to point out, Valentine and Tamekia (wrong spelling but can't remember EXACTLY what her name was). Both employees made our stay a wonderful adventure. I had one unfortunate incident which will not allow me to tell you anything about the water events. I was severely sun burned which forced me to stay inside for three days but the three days I was able to go out and about I loved everything about it. There was a $100 security deposit as well as a levy fee at $100 as well. You will get your security deposit back so be prepared for that extra $100 for the levy fee you DO NOT get back. There is a $10 deposit for EACH beach towel you use. KEEP your receipt, that is the only way to get your money back. So, let's get down to my actual review.

Loved my room, it was clean and cool to the entrance. We had a stove, fridge, and all the silverware and utensils you would need. There is no maid service so you have to go to the laundry room on the second floor to get towels and clean sheets when you change your bed. Not a problem because we had so much "stuff" out it would have been a pain to keep it out of sight. All the fixtures are old but no mold anywhere. My room was due for a serious upgrade but like I mentioned earlier, it was clean and we had plans to be out and not sitting in the room all day. BUT...when I got sick we stayed in... Luckily the resort runs a shuttle twice a week to the grocery store. Be ready for STICKER shock, the prices are beyond inflated.

There were only two areas you could use your laptop which were the reception area and pool area. Not a major imposition but wish they had internet throughout the entire resort... There were two desktops in the reception area available to use at your discretion. When I needed to conduct business I would take my own laptop to use.

The water slide was NEVER on when we visited the pool, they have specific hours they turn it on but feel it should remain on until dusk. The only downside to the pool was it had lots and lots of "stuff" in it...leaves, dirt, etc., I think they should keep one person there to scoop the "stuff" when it becomes unsightly.

The beach was fun...wish they had bartenders out in the sand. If you wanted a refreshment you have to go inside the restaurant. They are losing crazy cash!!

The restaurant on site was great, best CONCH on the island. I say that because I tried it at three different eateries. I will have to deduct points from the food they offer during the Bonfire. For the price, $50 per person, the food selection and taste could have been much, much better. The brunch was great and each time we ate at the restaurant the food was great but the SERVICE could be much better. I will give credit to the one lady (she was the smallest of all the waitresses, sorry that is the only way to identify her) she hustled from the time we arrived to eat until we departed but she couldn't handle the entire room alone, the other ladies there could not compare to her speed, heck they barely moved and gave off the attitude as if they didn't really want to be there.
We took a boat to Lucaya to go gift shopping only to find out MOST shops close about 5pm, wish someone would have mentioned that, we waited until it cooled off a bit and was very upset only to find the bars and restaurant open. The area was nice but cannot write a review on the shopping.

I would definitely recommend this vacation resort to anyone. We have plans to return to the same resort in the future!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Customer Service
Liked least: Debris in the pool
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing