We enjoyed our stay at Dundee thoroughly. Staff were very hospitable. Location was very much to our liking. You may want to rent a car or any cab driver will give you their personal number to have you as a customer for the duration of your stay. The resort will also have recommendations. You will need transprtation to get to any supermarket in Freeport or the shopping, restaurants & casino in Lucaya. The beach was just steps across the street. This location backs onto a canal & is adjacent to the entrance of a gated beach community. There was hardly any traffic to speak of. Accomodations were very comfortable. We reserved a one bedroom unit & were upgraded to a 2 bedroom unit so that a guest requiring assistance could stay on a ground floor 1 bedroom unit. (staff was so accomodating) The stretch of beach extends a nice walking distance down to Xanadu beach resort. We did have dinner there one evening. It wasn't extraordinary. Also Dundee offered a meal service provided by an island resident for a reasonable cost. We did not take advantage of it but other guests who did had good comments. Just seeing how the island is slowly recovering from the 2 hurricanes, Dundee Bay Villas was diligent in their renovations. We visited at a slower tourist time of year. It gave us more opportunity to become acquainted with management & learn of the recovery process. The before & after photos of the resort made us apprciate it more. We have reservations again for this November & are bringing another couple with us. We were fortunate to see the vacant units during our last stay (they were so accomodating) we decided to reserve the 3 bedroom unit. Views are wonderful from this multi-level unit. Don't forget your beach towels. Beach chairs are available for minimal rental fee.(they have to leave the property) Check out things-to-do on the island. Make any inquiries at least a day before. Staff will assist in any reservations. Also, the oceanside breeze didn't require us to use our airconditioning at all in November. It's available if you need it on. Looking forward to our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and enjoy the "Feel like Family" atmosphere created especially for you at Dundee Bay Villas in tropical Freeport, located on Grand Bahama Island. Relax in the natural beauty of brilliant sunrises, golden sunsets, palm trees swaying in the gentle ocean breezes, miles of private pristine white sandy beaches and turquoise waters. Units features furnished terraces with an on-site swimming pool and villas with hot tubs.Dundee Bay Villas offers daily maid service as well as 24-hour front desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Dundee Bay Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dundee Bay Villas Hotel Freeport
- Dundee Bay Villas Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island