“No longer open”

The Junkanoo Museum of The Bahamas
Ranked #24 of 29 things to do in Freeport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We spent an afternoon trying to find this place. We found a flooring shop that has replaced it after the last hurricane.

1  Thank mm5282016

Reviewed 4 March 2018

The celebration is like Mardis Gras, but with cow bells and drums. It is a colorful festival. Many clubs spend all year on making their out fits. This is a cute little museum, and a great way to spend an afternoon if the weather is bad.

1  Thank CONSTANCE B
Reviewed 9 September 2016

I was able to attend the grand opening of this museum. you can see and learnignabout the very colorful and amazing costumes. The family that runs this museum are a pleasure to talk with and learn the history of Junkanoo and the culture found in the Bahamas. Was a please to experiance. I enjoyed it so much When I came back to Grand Bahama in June I brought friends traveling with me there to let them enjoy the museum

Reviewed 4 September 2016

My husband and I came with a tour. It was well worth the hour or so it took. It was a chance to get a look at the history of the island. The costumes are gorgeous. I wish the museum allowed photos so I had something to show you.

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 July 2016

We visited as part of an organized group, and this was nice. They motivated to make music and dancing and singing, showing a bit the cultural part of the islands. Just going there without a group to see the costumes is nice, but nothing special. Key is the music and being in a groups.