Small Hope Bay Lodge on Andros Island, Bahamas is in a perfect location on the largest and least inhabited island. After only one visit we have decided we will return as often as we can to this all-inclusive resort. The staff is attentive and on the ball, well aware of what each guest has planned the next day so if one wants an early breakfast before hours to fill up for a morning fishing trip or trip to the airport, they are standing by. The food was very good and fresh and the open bar nicely stocked. If you want fishing, it has it all - reef, deep and bone fishing. If you snorkel or dive, they have that as well offering the nearby reef as well as blue holes, including one inland that also is a prime spot for bird watching. Guests can borrow bicycles and kayaks, lounge around all day and do nothing in a hammock or on the beach, or go on an excursion in the water or on land. We did not have time for everything in one week but did snorkel by ourselves, and took the deep sea and bone fishing trips. Next time we plan to snorkel the reef with the group and take dive lessons, hoping to obtain certification with one of the lodge's dive masters. The cottages have wonderful views of the water and are well shaded for eco-comfort. There is wireless internet access in the main lodge all day except during social time prior to dinner, which is where we met and made new friends from all over the place. Finally, for my partner and I, finding an LGBT friendly place to call home in the Bahamas was very important. We felt very welcome among the staff and guests at Small Hope Bay and will return. We are two women who are happy and simply love life, the outdoors and its activities. We enjoyed the open-minded people, the intelligent and interesting array of guests and staff and the conversations and discussions. If you want a natural setting and to really get away, this is your final destination, perhaps your only one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been catering to scuba divers, snorkelers, fishermen, eco-tourists, and relaxers since 1960. Third largest barrier reef in the world and bonefish heaven. There are 21 all-inclusive rooms in cottages right on the beach. Come experience our unique ambience, friendly staff, and natural safe environment. Our dock and dive shop are right on property and fishing trips are easily arranged. Of course, if grabbing a drink, a book, and a hammock are more your style, go right ahead. We have 2 beaches and plenty of hammocks. Rest, Relaxation, and Rediscovery ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Small Hope Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Small Hope Bay Hotel Andros
- Small Hope Bay Resort
- Small Hope Bay Lodge Andros, Bahamas