“Did Not Want To Leave!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Small Hope Bay Lodge

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Small Hope Bay Lodge
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Andros
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Did Not Want To Leave!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I went to Small Hope Bay Lodge for 4 nights to celebrate his 50th Birthday. We have never been to the Bahama's and consider ourselves so fortunate that this was our first exposure to the islands. While my husband was bone fishing (which he said was awesome!) every morning, I was able to explore the vast amount of beach front by foot and kayak. Because Small Hope only accommodates a small number of guests at a time, there is opportunity to get space and be alone. There are approximately 20 cabins all with beach front views. Each cabin is clean and decorated with the fabric made at the local factory (which I toured). There are no TV's or internet in the rooms, but that is what makes this place so special. It forces you to socialize with the other guests during meal times out on the bar/terrace. The people that we met were wonderful and by the 1st night we were fast friends!

Enough can't be said about the people that work there: Linda-"queen bee" who greeted us with a drink and got us comfortable right away to Tony and Dennis -"Dive Masters" who took us on a shark snorkel/dive and kept us calm. To all the beautiful people that made our stay special we thank you.

Small Hope Bay Lodge is a place that everyone should experience in their life. The simplicity and beauty that has sustained Small Hope for over 50 years is awe inspiring and we hope that many people will get a chance to experience the magic they have created for themselves.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Erin S, MarketingTeam at Small Hope Bay Lodge, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am so happy we could make your stay a great one. We do have some pretty awesome bonefishing here, and I am glad you got to explore the beautiful beaches and nature we have around the resort. I think no TVs in the rooms are a big plus too! Much better things to see right outside the beachfront cabins! We hope to see you both soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Weston, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We just returned from a 5 night stay at this great, very laid back vacation spot right on the water. We did scuba diving for three days from one of their three dive boats. The staff treat you like family. The food and the service were both excellent. The rooms are quaint but functional. There are no TVs and they turn off the Wi-Fi for dinner! The outdoor bar is right on the water and all drinks and meals are included in the room rate. This is a place you go for a very informal, relaxing vacation. We will go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank PhilipWeston_CT
Erin S, MarketingTeam at Small Hope Bay Lodge, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thanks so much for the review! This is definitely the place for tranquility and relaxation, I am glad you got to enjoy it. It's great you got to see some of our beautiful dive sites during your stay too! And you are family now! Looking forward to seeing you back again soon!
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had the most relaxing escape in a very long time. It was the first time in 15 years that i did not check my email. The staff was great and I met and made friends with quite a few other guests. I had enjoyable days bone-fishing the flats of the bights and freshwater creek

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank mfodor
Erin S, MarketingTeam at Small Hope Bay Lodge, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thanks so much for the review! I am glad to hear you had such a great and relaxing time. Small Hope is the perfect place to for that. And the first time not checking email in 15 years? That's awesome! Hope to see you back for some more relaxation soon!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Small Hope Bay Lodge is absolutely unique and one of our new favorite places on the planet. The location is remote but breathtaking. The Lodge has so many amazing people - all the staff treat you just like family. I was there with my two teenagers and BOTH kids loved Small Hope, for very different reasons. The cottages are simple, calming, and clean. LOVE THIS PLACE! We can not wait to be back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Erin S, MarketingTeam at Small Hope Bay Lodge, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thanks so much for the great review! It was really great meeting you and your kids. I am so happy you were all able to enjoy your vacation here and I hope to see you all back soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

We came to Small Hope to celebrate our Anniversary and to get away from it all!!! This was was absolutely the place to be!!! We knew we had made the right choice to come here as soon as we arrived!!!
The staff greeted us with drinks and showed us around when we got there. The rooms are very quaint and right on the beach. I am an ocean lover so I enjoyed waking up in the mornings and opening our curtains and watching the waves roll in right from our bed!
The food was fantastic and plentiful! There were plenty of drinks and if the bartender was not available you were encouraged to make your own. My husband even played bartender one night!!!
We had a wonderful time and met some interesting people as you all sit down for dinner together and recap what you did for the day!
We will for sure come back for another visit! Very relaxing

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Erin S, MarketingTeam at Small Hope Bay Lodge, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thanks for the great review Christine! I am so glad you two had a great time. It is hard to find a better view than from our cabins - watch the sun rise above the turquoise Bahamas waters, there's nothing like it! And we love to see the new concoctions our guests come up with when they get to play bartender. I hope to see you guys back again soon and again. . . Happy Anniversary!
Hamburg, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Found Small Hope on this site and am beyond happy that i did. We Stayed for 5 days (wish we had stayed longer)

I'm not a diver or a fisherman but Small Hope was exactly what exactly what I needed. I work 7 days a week and this was part of my first vacation in 3 years, so i needed some R&R. Beyond friendly staff didn't miss a beat and made me feel like part of the family. Anything I needed was taken care of immediately and with a smile. The cabins are rustic, but barely. Clean and comfortable with optional AC which was not needed. Excellent food (buffet style for lunch and dinner with an continental buffet and made to order items at breakfast) at each meal with many items to choose from. And if you miss a meal or are hungry in between you can just pop your head in the kitchen and they'll make you something good. CONCH FRITTERS EVERYDAY AT HAPPY HOUR.

The best part was the pace. You do whatever you want whenever you want. There was no pressure to sign up for activities, which you plan out everyday at happy hour. If you choose not to do any activities, there are still many things to do at the lodge on your own(biking, kayaks, paddle boards, ect.).

For the price and the atmosphere, Small Hope is a steal. I will definitely be back with more family and friends and will pass on the good word on to everyone.

Tanks for the hospitality and making me feel like family,
Bobby

Room Tip: I'd imagine all the rooms are similar and great.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Erin S, MarketingTeam at Small Hope Bay Lodge, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am glad you were able to enjoy some much needed R&R. And you're right - our conch fritters are the best! We definitely have a style and a pace all our own and I am so happy you had a great time here with us. Hope to see you back soon!
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I cannot say enough good things about Small Hope Bay Lodge. We went here for our honeymoon, and had the most fabulous time. We were looking for something in the Bahamas but wanted to avoid any corporate-type resorts, and we hit the jackpot with Small Hope Bay Lodge. The staff was beyond amazing: friendly, helpful, engaging. The food was so much better than anything you would expect from an all inclusive resort. The beach and landscape were picturesque and lovely. Neither my husband nor I are fishermen or divers but we were able to take advantage of both while there (Glister was a superb fishing guide!). If you are considering a place in the Bahamas and want something both intimate and fun, look no further!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the great review! It was really great meeting you two. I am so glad you were able to try fishing and diving, as we have some of the best in the world of both of those! Congratulations again and we all hope to see you guys back here soon!!!