My husband and I went to Small Hope Bay Lodge for 4 nights to celebrate his 50th Birthday. We have never been to the Bahama's and consider ourselves so fortunate that this was our first exposure to the islands. While my husband was bone fishing (which he said was awesome!) every morning, I was able to explore the vast amount of beach front by foot and kayak. Because Small Hope only accommodates a small number of guests at a time, there is opportunity to get space and be alone. There are approximately 20 cabins all with beach front views. Each cabin is clean and decorated with the fabric made at the local factory (which I toured). There are no TV's or internet in the rooms, but that is what makes this place so special. It forces you to socialize with the other guests during meal times out on the bar/terrace. The people that we met were wonderful and by the 1st night we were fast friends!
Enough can't be said about the people that work there: Linda-"queen bee" who greeted us with a drink and got us comfortable right away to Tony and Dennis -"Dive Masters" who took us on a shark snorkel/dive and kept us calm. To all the beautiful people that made our stay special we thank you.
Small Hope Bay Lodge is a place that everyone should experience in their life. The simplicity and beauty that has sustained Small Hope for over 50 years is awe inspiring and we hope that many people will get a chance to experience the magic they have created for themselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been catering to scuba divers, snorkelers, fishermen, eco-tourists, and relaxers since 1960. Third largest barrier reef in the world and bonefish heaven. There are 21 all-inclusive rooms in cottages right on the beach. Come experience our unique ambience, friendly staff, and natural safe environment. Our dock and dive shop are right on property and fishing trips are easily arranged. Of course, if grabbing a drink, a book, and a hammock are more your style, go right ahead. We have 2 beaches and plenty of hammocks. Rest, Relaxation, and Rediscovery ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Small Hope Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Small Hope Bay Hotel Andros
- Small Hope Bay Resort
- Small Hope Bay Lodge Andros, Bahamas