My mom and I had our first visit to Small Hope (definitely not the last) in August. I truly do not have one negative thing to say about our visit. The location, food, activities, room, beach, grounds...exceeded our expectations! What really set our experience apart were the people (staff and guest). It was so fun meeting other guest from all walks of life. Small hope creates such an intimate warm atmosphere with amazing food and drinks that is puts everyone at ease. The staff make you feel like family and are genuinely engaged 100% of the time. They seem to accomplish this and bending over backwards for their guest effortlessly. I had my first scuba lesson with Claud who did a brilliant job with calming my nerves and giving me confidence. The result was I Loved It and can't wait to go back for more!
* The room was simplistic comfort, bed was great, always had hot water and room was cleaned beautifully everyday. We opted for air conditioning and in August was more than happy to pay the additional $15 per day.
* The food was delicious every meal. Lots of variety with fresh products. The drinks are delicious and free flowing.
* The beach is perfect clear blue water, great beach activities (kayak, paddle boards...),soft sand
* The grounds are beautiful with hammocks everywhere. It's so relaxing and peaceful every direction you turn.
* The Androsia batik factory tour was a blast!
I am not the type of vacationer that ever chooses to return to the same location. I like to explore new places but I plan to return and return and return to small hope! Thank you Small Hope for an amazing experience and I look forward to returning sooner than later!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been catering to scuba divers, snorkelers, fishermen, eco-tourists, and relaxers since 1960. Third largest barrier reef in the world and bonefish heaven. There are 21 all-inclusive rooms in cottages right on the beach. Come experience our unique ambience, friendly staff, and natural safe environment. Our dock and dive shop are right on property and fishing trips are easily arranged. Of course, if grabbing a drink, a book, and a hammock are more your style, go right ahead. We have 2 beaches and plenty of hammocks. Rest, Relaxation, and Rediscovery ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Small Hope Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Small Hope Bay Hotel Andros
- Small Hope Bay Resort
- Small Hope Bay Lodge Andros, Bahamas