If your looking for your own private island where you have 3 miles of beautiful beach all to your self, privacy, and yet still all the amenities of a 5 star hotel but with a relaxed and homey feel, this is the place for you! The staff was willing to facilitate any request that would make our stay more perfect. Our cottage was beautiful with windows that wrapped around with a panoramic view of the ocean. It was for our 1 year anniversary and my wife unlike me, has seen many a bahama's beach resort, so a tough customer to impress, but I DID! She had not experienced a place like this. With the privacy, beautiful untouched beaches, giant bath tub and outdoor private shower. Wrap around porch 20 feet from the beach. You even get your own personal golf cart to get around and explore the island. I could go on... Bottom line, You can't go wrong with Kamalame Cay, it's family owned and the farthest thing from a cookie cutter corporate resort, and yet it is top notch in every way. The internet was spotty in the internet room (the only place you can get it at this time) not their fault- about what you could expect from a satellite signal in the middle of nowhere so prepare. bring downloaded movies and tv shows if you need em. We will be going back for sure. After staying at this little hidden gem we are pretty sure other resorts couldn't stand up to the most personal tropical vacation you could ever have 50 miles from Miami or anywhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located off the northeast coast of Andros, and accessible only by private ferry or seaplane, the secluded family-owned Bahamian island of Kamalame Cay caters to a comfortable group of guests at any given time. Idyllic and isolated, this oasis of breathtaking natural beauty wraps ocean adventure and island romance in the luxury of a private island experience.A quick flight from major hubs such as New York, Toronto and Miami, yet worlds away from Nassau’s trendy, resort-lined beaches, Kamalame’s utterly private accommodations are tucked into 96-acres of swaying palms and flowering tropical foliage. A lush oasis ringed by three miles of deserted, white-sand beach and colourful coral gardens, the warm, turquoise waters just off shore teem with manta ray, parrotfish and blue tangs.Kamalame Cay is an idyllic escape for those whose idea of paradise is a tropical hideaway where a sarong is all that’s required to be ‘dressed’ for dinner.Modern interpretations of classic Bahamian cuisine combined with sophisticated wines and spirits, comfortable elegant island décor, and one of the only overwater spas in the Caribbean underscore Kamalame’s gracious 'barefoot chic’ character.Traced by white sand pathways, the island’s beautifully landscaped jungle of sea grapes, palms and coco plums is banked by pristine mangrove fields and a pristine coast scattered with conch shells and starfish; the wide variety of birdlife ranges from sandpipers, herons and cranes to finches, pink ibis and pelicans.Sliced into the Silver Palms that embrace the island, the Great House serves as a welcoming social hub for dining and cocktails and is just a few steps from the heated, freshwater pool, sweeping ocean views and al fresco beach bar.With myriad diversions – from spa programs to world-class diving, snorkelling, fishing and sporting excursions – Kamalame takes pleasure in tailoring every guest’s experience to individual tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, MrandMrsSmith and Odigeo so you can book your Kamalame Cay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kamalame Cay Andros, Bahamas
- Kamalame Cay Hotel Andros