“Stunningly beautiful with oodles of character and charm.”
Review of Kamalame Cay

Kamalame Cay
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Andros
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Kamalame Cay is gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Each villa has been individually designed and decorated and yet they all have a distinctive and natural Bahamian style. There is nothing generic or mass-produced about Kamalame Cay: from the eclectic yet tasteful artwork and furnishings, to the sincere and friendly staff - everything around you is charming and brings a smile to your face.

Cannot think of a more romantic place (and make sure to book in for a massage in the Spa - which is built over the ocean with open doors that embrace the crystal clear waters). But the families with children were also made to feel welcome; and we enjoyed the scuba diving, fishing and snorkeling.

This is a place to escape to. Afternoons in the hammock surrounded by tropical gardens, palms and a sea view with cocktail in hand - pure heaven!

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 28 March 2013

My husband & I just visited for our 10th anniversary and we loved every minute at this amazing resort. From the villas straight out of a Ralph Lauren catalog to the pristine beaches and 5 star cuisine, we were thoroughly impressed by Kamalame. The staff was so delightful and accommodating. Randia, Charlton, and Leah to name a few, went out of their way to make sure our every need was met. We loved privacy and felt at times we were the only people on the island. We will come back to Kamalame for certain! D&C

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We have travel Europe, Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Bahamas, Antigua, Puerto Rico and all over the US, Cruised 13 times and this is by far the Most Romantic Place we have ever been after 35 years of Marriage! Our flight from Nassau with LeAir was at 6:30am from Nassau, 15 min flight, then 25 min cab ride and we were met by Leah, who was on the ferry waiting for us! She was so was wonderful, we arrived early so she brought us to check in where we met David Hew, owner, he was so nice and easy to talk to and then she brought us to the Great House to have a full breakfast from French toast, 3 eggs any way you want them, to omelettes, sausage, hash browns, the best bacon we ever had! Oh the coffee was delicious! We were Guest of House so all of our meals and drinks were included, so worth it! After she showed us around the island and then brought us to our Cottage, Coco Plum!! Absolutely beautiful! 1st thing my hubby did, he saw the hammack and fell right to sleep! They brought us our pink cart to use, we loved it! I unpacked and relaxed and took pictures. They do not have tv in the room, but we requested one and they had one wailting in the room with movies for him to watch (he only finished 1 the whole time) and I also requested an Ipod dock, they are very accomodating! Had lunch and met Sampson, Linda, and Milan in the Great House, had Lobster Club Sandwich, Mini burgers, and shared a wonderful wrap, delicious, with a little wine and beer! Relaxed and listened to music and enjoyed our home away from home that afternoon. Time to eat again! Here we go in the pink cart and we did not think we had lights, so we had our flashlight, we drive up and Randia stops us and shows us they have lights on the electric cart! Thank goodness! She was the best, she would sit and talk with us everytime she saw us! She worked with Leah in the office. Sampson and Jessica took care of us everynight, the whole staff are amazing!! They are always smiling and they never stop!! The food is 5 star,I had a filet a couple of nights was better than Ruth Chris, Crab cakes, Corn and Lobster Soup, Chicken stuffed with Lobster, Ravioli, Lobster stuffed with Crab, etc. deserts and after dinner drinks all delicious and the wines were good wines! My hubby enjoyed his Makers Mark at night!
Time for bed and the beds are so comfortable, the do have airconditioner, not like we needed it with all the doors open, but we closed the doors and put the air on and slept like babies!
Every morning you wake up to a basket on the front porch with coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice and pastries and fruit with the daily news! This day was Spa Day and Avon and Stacy were the best, we did a couples massage and it was amazing, they started with our feet in a little room and took time to talk to us and then took us in another room, as you lay your face down you actually see the water underneath over a reef and I saw a few fish and a stingray swim by! That was cool but the actual massage was the best we have ever had! After the spa we went to enjoy our cottage and put our music on and enjoyed the sun, so very relaxing, even danced a little! Day 3 was our fishing day, we received some polls and bait from Mark, he is the fishing guide, he told us to go in the cart to the point at the end, we did, and I caught a Bone Fish, 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. My hubby had to help me pull it in so we both caught it! It was so clear you could actually see the fish swimming up to you. We brought it to the chef and he said it was a good size and he would cook it for us but we told him to do whatever he wanted to with it. We had so much fun fishing! I had a fellow tell me he loved me and hated me because he paid to go bonefishing 2 days in a row and did not catch a thing and I caught one right off the banks with the little pink cart and shrimp as bait! He was funny! That night was our last night and we decided to do a Sunset Cruise, they had wine and beer and appetizers waiting for us and the ferry that gets you across to the island. My hubby had great conversation with the fellow driving the ferry for us, he was so nice! Went to dinner and Sampson and Jessica had a specialty drink they made just for us, it was Jessica's special, delicious!! We shared a Charted Flight with a great couple from Atlanta back to Nassau because we did not want to leave at 6:00am and our flight was not until 3:38pm, so we stayed on the island until 1:00pm, so nice not to rush! Everyone has a smile on there face and treat you so special! Missing them all already and we just got back Sunday! What an absolutely wonderful trip and the most romantic place we have ever been! Hopefully we will go back soon!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Netsy P
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Our family has been to many luxury resorts and villas in the Caribbean, and though I have enjoyed myselft at all of them, Kamalame is the first one I want to go back to. I felt that way from the day we arrived. The water is as beautiful as anywhere we have been - all those shades of blue and green with soft white sand below. The inception of Kamalame was as a bone fishing spot, and according to the seasoned bone fishermen we encountered and my husband - it's one of the best spots around. David and his family have developed it over the years to offer much more than that though. There is an amazing spa at the end of the pier over the water, a well maintained tennis court on the edge of the beach, a Padi certified dive center, kayaks, a catamaran and beach volleyball all set up and ready for your use.

Something I also loved is that there is a rack of bicycles there for the taking. We stayed in a house which was a little more than a mile away from the resort center down the sand road and we just had one golf cart for the three of us. My husband and son took the cart early each morning to meet their bone fishing guide, and I rode a bike back and forth through the half open, half tree shaded path. It was a simple pleasure to do so.

I did a refresher dive course with Mark and he was the best. I had had a bad experience in Jamaica with a rushed, disorganized dive operation from which I bailed at the last minute. I was feeling insecure about my ability and nerves and Mark took me out solo, had me run through all the basics and get my bearings again. Unfotunately, we did the refresher dive the day before we left, so I didn't get to go on a "real" dive to try and find the more unusual and diverse marine life. My husband and son saw muliple sting rays, sharks, turtles and barracuda while fishing. The visability is incredible.

We bought the "guest of the house" inclusive package which means that all your food and drinks are included and you get discounts on the spa treatments. There are two fully stocked bars at the resort's center and you can make your own drink just the way you like it - which I loved - or there is always someone on hand to make it for you. Every day the staff drops off freshly baked cookies to you house/room which was also a nice touch.

My only desire would be to have wifi in the rooms. Micheal - David's partner - told me that not having wifi in the rooms is intentional as so many guests love to be relieved of the pressure to be plugged in (and available to the office : ), but I would have liked to have the option to do research etc from our room in the quiet evening after dinner. At any rate, they are gonig to upgrade the system available in the office and sitting room - which is spotty right now.

We will be back! And next time my husband wants to try the less-explored deep sea fishing they offer which is just on the other side of the near-by reef.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at Kamalame Cay Resort the week of Feb 28-Mar 3.
This was our second stay and it was even better than the first time.
The staff and the owners of this resort are the epitome of hospitality. David is always so kind and makes an effort to speak with each and every guest to make sure their stay is optimal.
The food was good and plentiful but Ricardo's absence was evident. It was a tad cold during our stay but we rode bikes, played tennis and walked around the resort. My husband and I had the time together that we were craving. Kiva and Bernadice were the ladies that kept our room clean and well stocked. The ladies were a joy to meet and we truly enjoyed visiting with them.
The booking and reservation staff were very professional and made our planning worry free.
Thank you, Priscarlo, Yanique and Rebecca you are awesome.

Note: Make sure to take bug spray the bugs ate me alive but for some reason they don't bite my
husband.

Room Tip: The Casaurina cottage was wonderful. Beautiful views, privacy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deborah N
Reviewed 4 March 2013

So - if you need to rejuvenate your self - this is nirvana .... My wife and I had the fortune of spending several days at kamalame cay. Such a unique experience.... No locks on the doors, open windows, ocean breezes, brilliant stars , blue water 50 feet from a private cottage... Sort of like Gilligans island - but with resort services and accommodations .... We chose the all inclusive package - highly recommend it. We met some other couples and had after dinner conversations - and those drinks alone made us come out ahead...
Not enough good words to describe our experience - also met the director/owner David - he and the whole staff makes sure everything is perfect.... Thanks David !!
Steve and Amanda D ...

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2013

If your looking for your own private island where you have 3 miles of beautiful beach all to your self, privacy, and yet still all the amenities of a 5 star hotel but with a relaxed and homey feel, this is the place for you! The staff was willing to facilitate any request that would make our stay more perfect. Our cottage was beautiful with windows that wrapped around with a panoramic view of the ocean. It was for our 1 year anniversary and my wife unlike me, has seen many a bahama's beach resort, so a tough customer to impress, but I DID! She had not experienced a place like this. With the privacy, beautiful untouched beaches, giant bath tub and outdoor private shower. Wrap around porch 20 feet from the beach. You even get your own personal golf cart to get around and explore the island. I could go on... Bottom line, You can't go wrong with Kamalame Cay, it's family owned and the farthest thing from a cookie cutter corporate resort, and yet it is top notch in every way. The internet was spotty in the internet room (the only place you can get it at this time) not their fault- about what you could expect from a satellite signal in the middle of nowhere so prepare. bring downloaded movies and tv shows if you need em. We will be going back for sure. After staying at this little hidden gem we are pretty sure other resorts couldn't stand up to the most personal tropical vacation you could ever have 50 miles from Miami or anywhere!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple