We stayed here from April 9 thru April 15, 2013. My husband is an avid fisherman and wanted a place for us to go as a couple. He wanted to fish all day and not worry about me being bored. This was the perfect place. It is pricey and not sure we will be able to go back but it was the perfect first time experience in the Bahamas. My husband had a fantastic bone fishing experience, he loved his guide Lavado. I just relaxed, road the bikes and had a couple spa treatments. I thought I would not like the fact there was no TV but I loved it and did not miss it at all. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. I do not eat or drink enough to justify the all inclusive. Friday they put on a BBQ for the island with Junkanoo dancers and a band. They had a bondfire on the beach and it was a nice time to mingle with the other guests. If you like lots of night life and lots of people this is not the place for you. It is the perfect place to get away from it all and relax and as for the fisherman, my husband said the bone fishing was awesome and he even fished the flats right there around the island. Bringing bug spray it a must if you are going to be out on the flats fishing or just walking around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located off the northeast coast of Andros, and accessible only by private ferry or seaplane, the secluded family-owned Bahamian island of Kamalame Cay caters to a comfortable group of guests at any given time. Idyllic and isolated, this oasis of breathtaking natural beauty wraps ocean adventure and island romance in the luxury of a private island experience.A quick flight from major hubs such as New York, Toronto and Miami, yet worlds away from Nassau’s trendy, resort-lined beaches, Kamalame’s utterly private accommodations are tucked into 96-acres of swaying palms and flowering tropical foliage. A lush oasis ringed by three miles of deserted, white-sand beach and colourful coral gardens, the warm, turquoise waters just off shore teem with manta ray, parrotfish and blue tangs.Kamalame Cay is an idyllic escape for those whose idea of paradise is a tropical hideaway where a sarong is all that’s required to be ‘dressed’ for dinner.Modern interpretations of classic Bahamian cuisine combined with sophisticated wines and spirits, comfortable elegant island décor, and one of the only overwater spas in the Caribbean underscore Kamalame’s gracious 'barefoot chic’ character.Traced by white sand pathways, the island’s beautifully landscaped jungle of sea grapes, palms and coco plums is banked by pristine mangrove fields and a pristine coast scattered with conch shells and starfish; the wide variety of birdlife ranges from sandpipers, herons and cranes to finches, pink ibis and pelicans.Sliced into the Silver Palms that embrace the island, the Great House serves as a welcoming social hub for dining and cocktails and is just a few steps from the heated, freshwater pool, sweeping ocean views and al fresco beach bar.With myriad diversions – from spa programs to world-class diving, snorkelling, fishing and sporting excursions – Kamalame takes pleasure in tailoring every guest’s experience to individual tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith and Ebookers so you can book your Kamalame Cay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kamalame Cay Andros, Bahamas
- Kamalame Cay Hotel Andros