“Nice family hut on the beach”
Review of Andros Beach Club

Andros Beach Club
Reviewed 9 March 2014

South Andros is really different from what you will see elsewhere in the Bahamas. The island welcomes very few tourists and does not have lots of accomodations (mainly bonefishing lodges) despite the beautiful landscapes.

In Andros Beach Club, you will find a small family run beach house with two bedrooms. The rooms are clean and cosy. Tasty Local food is served for dinner and shared with other guests and the owner's family (ask Maggie for her fresh conch salad).
The beach is really long and you'll be the only one enjoying it. For snorkelers, there are no snorkeling spots close to the beach, you'll have to reach the reef kayaking or with Jesse's boat (owner). You can take the old bikes and ride down the island to get a glimpse of the Andros way of life.
For divers, you're at the right place, this is the only diving operator on the island. Jesse will take you diving with his small boat in blue holes. He also knows the best spots on the reef where you'll be able to dive in coral labyrinths and see sting rays, reef sharks, loggerhead turtles, ... Very nice diving experience.

If you are looking for a quiet place, desertic beaches and diving spots, you will have a wonderful time at Andros Beach Club. If you are looking for cocktails, swimming pools, restaurants, five star hotel service and brand new equipments, don't go there.

We really liked our time there and got all the rest and diving memories we wanted. Nevertheless, we found it very pricey. It is a very nice "feel at home" accomodation but the price range is closer to luxury hotels standards.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fabfabfa
There are newer reviews for Andros Beach Club

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Andros Beach Club is my new favorite getaway spot. Jesse and Chelsea go out of their way to make you feel like family. Beautiful white sand beaches, azure water, blue holes, and pristine reefs. Free-diving for grouper, lobster and hog fish made for some unforgetable dinners. We have traveled and sailed extensively throughout the Caribbean for decades and this place is a hidden gem. Duke the wonder dog will accompany you on your beach walks and will leave you with a smile on your lips.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I took a trip with my college over winter break. Overall great experience. The DIving was amazing and it was a pleasure to meet and stay with them. I enjoyed the fishing and scuba diving very much. I hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Its all good!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jcalvitti
Reviewed 23 January 2014

It was a true pleasure to meet Jesse, Chelsea, and their beautiful sons. I booked a week at Andros Beach Club in order to experience another region of the Bahamian out islands. Jesse took a small group of two divers and four snorkelers out to the spectacular reef a short boat ride off the coast. The reefs are in great condition, the highlight being the numerous blueholes which dot the island. The beach at ABC is stunning and it was rare to see anyone else within the vicinity. I would highly recommend a visit to South Andros and ABC is a comfortable base from which to explore the wonderful natural world of this vast region.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My fiancé and I took a trip to South Andros and it was simply amazing! Andros Beach Club sits only a few hundred feet from the beautiful blue and crystal clear ocean. The beach is super clean and we had it all to ourselves. Talk about a totally peaceful, relaxing and serene environment. Let me say, the accommodations were second to none. Jesse and Chelsea really make you feel comfortable and right at home with their hospitality. They make a great combo since Chelsea is the baker (awesome fresh breads) and Jesse is the cook. Given how much he loves to eat, he doesn't mind standing over the grill to cook up a tasty steak or piece of fresh fish. My fiancé and i truly ate like kings! I'm very particular about hotel amenities, so it's important to mention the cleanliness of the bedrooms and bathrooms. Not that anyone would spend a significant amount of time inside, but I was impressed. In addition, it was quickly apparent how resourceful and knowledgeable Jesse was about all facets of the island. He is very well connected on the island and knows all the ins and outs. Also, I would highly recommend that you go snorkeling or scuba diving with Jesse at the blue holes. He's an expert diver, a great tour guide and really made my fiancé comfortable in the deep ocean. Overall, visiting the Andros Beach Club was so much fun and an amazing vacation that I'll never forget. We're already planning our next trip. Can't wait!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jordan B
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Wow, what a beautiful, amazing beach and such privacy! The water is so gorgeous and so relaxing. The privacy and seclusion were exactly what we were looking for. It is so beautiful there and we truly enjoyed our stay. The kayaks and small sailboat were so great to have and enjoy. My husband spent a lot of time offshore collecting conch and searching for lobsters. The rest of us spent our vacation just relaxing on the beach and in the water, enjoying the amazing view! Jesse was great and there if we needed anything. We also had the pleasure of meeting his father towards the end of our stay and on our last day, my husband went out spear fishing with them and had the best time! We will definitely be back someday soon and we plan on doing many of the amazing tours that are offered there. South Andros is such an unspoiled and unique place. A very quiet island and the locals are very friendly. The house was great and well stocked with the basics. There is a small store close by with some basic food supplies. I would definitely recommend staying here at Andros Beach Club and we really look forward to getting back someday soon!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My ten year old daughter and I had the time of our lives this past week at our stay at the Andros Beach Club. Jesse was the best host and was attentive to our needs. The scenery was breathtaking from the secluded white beach with crystal clear blue waters to the dramatic landscapes of the cliffs around the inland blue holes. Diving is what we intended to do and Jesse acquainted us with beautiful coral reefs surrounded by colorful fish. Maggie the Bahamian chef whipped up the most savory meals and surprised us with something special nearly every day. Our encounters with the residents of Andros were met with warm smiles, lively personalities, and a feeling of unity. My daughter Bella and I felt safe and never alone when we were accompanied by Duke (Jesse's black lab) on our adventures on the shore. I would highly recommend staying at the Andros Beach Club at least once in this lifetime. Every day was an adventure, yet we also had relaxing times swinging in the hammock, listening to the gentle waves and taking in the sea air. Simply the best!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 282jessicar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andros
Swain's Cay Lodge
#3 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Pointe Resort
The Pointe Resort
#2 of 5 in Andros

Been to Andros Beach Club? Share your experiences!