South Andros is really different from what you will see elsewhere in the Bahamas. The island welcomes very few tourists and does not have lots of accomodations (mainly bonefishing lodges) despite the beautiful landscapes.
In Andros Beach Club, you will find a small family run beach house with two bedrooms. The rooms are clean and cosy. Tasty Local food is served for dinner and shared with other guests and the owner's family (ask Maggie for her fresh conch salad).
The beach is really long and you'll be the only one enjoying it. For snorkelers, there are no snorkeling spots close to the beach, you'll have to reach the reef kayaking or with Jesse's boat (owner). You can take the old bikes and ride down the island to get a glimpse of the Andros way of life.
For divers, you're at the right place, this is the only diving operator on the island. Jesse will take you diving with his small boat in blue holes. He also knows the best spots on the reef where you'll be able to dive in coral labyrinths and see sting rays, reef sharks, loggerhead turtles, ... Very nice diving experience.
If you are looking for a quiet place, desertic beaches and diving spots, you will have a wonderful time at Andros Beach Club. If you are looking for cocktails, swimming pools, restaurants, five star hotel service and brand new equipments, don't go there.
We really liked our time there and got all the rest and diving memories we wanted. Nevertheless, we found it very pricey. It is a very nice "feel at home" accomodation but the price range is closer to luxury hotels standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private oceanfront property on 4 miles of pristine white sand beach. Enjoy the spectacular ocean view from your king size bed. Bicycles, kayaks, sailboat, snorkeling gear and more included with your room. Excellent swimming right off the beach and snorkeling nearby. We offer scuba diving, fishing, snorkeling, nature tours and more. Enjoy fine dining with our all-inclusive service or try local restaurants and prepare your own meals with our vacation rental option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Andros Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andros Beach Club Hotel Andros
- Andros Beach Club Bahamas